Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Having had a quick look through the thread, it seems there's plenty of posters thinking the same way as me. We haven't really been at our best this season and we know we can be wasteful. Liverpool also haven't quite been at their best either but we know they can be clinical. So I'd have taken the point beforehand.

The game bore that out and it was a point each. But what it showed was that we are by far the better team and hopefully that will help us next Saturday. We're also still in the driving seat and I reckon we've got a 75-80% chance of winning the league.

You can certainly see today as a wasted opportunity to give us a huge advantage in that title race. But we're no worse off than we were before the game, having got our hardest game out of the way, and that's fine for me.

Just seen the Liverpool coach leave the v’s came out a lad ran up the road waving at the windows bibbed my horn he turned round smiling I said and you fuck off as well you wanker I know it’s childish but it felt good

‘Are we a better team without De Bruyne’. Been some thick as mince threads of this forum anyway thought we was outstanding today and a Centre forward next season wins us those games. It’s in our hands. One game at a time
Are we a better team with this current on form Kev?…absolutely. Kev struggled this season as pep has said. It’s a genuine question. At times this season we have performed better as a team when de bruyne is out of sorts.

Thought Klopp had Pep's number, I remember when the media were all using that bs because of those two champions league games. We're the better side make no mistake about it, we're just a top striker away from being ruthless
If we get Haaland this summer that's a big IF...There will be no title race next season it wil be over come March. I think we are a much better team than Liverpool. Let's be honest the majority of that game today was dominated by us, They had two moments and took both.

When we have a lethal goal scorer. This team will be ridiculous. The amount of chances created a lethal finisher gets a hattrick today.

We saw a level today from City, which, at times, is miles beyond anyone else playing the same game today.

We should have been three or four goals to the good in the first half.

A crazy opening ten-minute spell at the start of the second half cost us the three points, but we were still the team asking most of the questions.

Thought Ederson, Cancelo and Stones were ropey and Sterling was caught on his heels a too few many times, but all the lads showed the intensity we are going to need to win our remaining games.

Thought Rodri, Kev, Bernie and Phil were immense but Gabby was the best player on the pitch.

Liverpool were ordinary, to the point you wonder how they would manage without one of their strikers not coming to the rescue, as their midfield is fucking woeful.
funny how two can watch a game and have largely similar views and yet be poles apart on other points, Ederson and Cancelo were ropey, but thought Stones was solid and laporte was the ropey one of the two.

Rodri, Kev and Bernado again I'd agree, but Foden was bullied off the ball on a number of occasions and struggled to have his usual impact

Jesus was imo one of our least impressive players, looked lost and off the pace for the first 20 minutes, then had a good spell, but was both greedy and wasteful near the end

Liverpool exist on their front 3 supported by their fullbacks, their midfield are largely journeymen, in place to break up the play of the opposition by fair means or foul and their centre halves are nothing special. I was a fan of dick van dyke, but I think he's gone backwards since he went there

A cliffhanger of a game...one in which I never felt comfortable we had control of. Conceding straight after half time was very poor.
Sterling was unlucky with the offside but his inability to instantly control the ball or to get a first time shot away before being closed down exposed his limitations at this level.
We couldn't get Foden in the game enough in the second half and TAA did a good job nullifying him after half time. Laporte - is very often too slow to pass the ball so that when he does the player receiving it is closed down - he needs to speed up his play.
Very impressed with Bernardo today. Incredible work rate and some sublime skill. Walker with his pace saved us several times. Rodri, Cancelo, KDB all did well and good to see Jesus on the score sheet again.
Disappointing to throw the lead away twice but they were always dangerous and, unlike us, their attackers only need one chance to score. We were wasteful again as we have been on many occasions this season.
Dippers definitely got the benefit of the referee's decisions today. Thiago and Fabinho lucky to stay on.

OK bud , I will try and protect a much valued member of this group. I have my values you have yours. Now fuck off
Yes, and your 'values' appear to be poorly thought out and generally inappropriate agression. Well done you. I'll stick around, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.