Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

We need a striker so desperately and obviously that I wouldn’t be surprised if the hateful 8 push the premier league for a transfer ban before summer as a result of their “investigation”

good point I guess, but could have been more! But at least it’s in our hands now. Reckon we’ll do them in for the SF and the final of the CL when we inevitably meet them again

I was more pissed off with the so called foul on Mane just before half time when Foden fired the rocket in to the far corner.
MOTD froze it in the highkights as per that NBC shot. but the premier league have offered up the following frame as part of their in game graphics.

anyone know what the rule is about where
you should ‘freeze’ it? ie when you can see the player has kicked it (you could argue the first frame is frozen just before kev moves the ball)

The more this gets posted the better. It’s time that media and pundits discussed the detail of this and others like it. Robbed. Var is not intended to check for mm. It is not capable of checking for mm. When a goal is disallowed on the basis of mm. Something really dodgy is going on. Fs it’s obvious that frame is not when the ball left Kevins foot it’s already a foot away. If there is that margin of error how can they decide that Stirlings shoulder is offside. Cheats. That is all it is. Cheats.
View attachment 40068
I’m ok with offsides being black and white decisions if the technology can handle it, even if the offside is a ridiculously close call.

What I don’t like about offsides now, and it isn’t something new to the offside rule, but it is something that has become far more prominent with VAR…the body part that the offside is given against. Sterling scores with his right foot, his right foot is 2 yards onside. He gets given offside because of his left shoulder, on a play where the ball has never left the ground.

For me, instead of all the talk of making the lines thicker/thinner blah blah blah, if you want a fairer system, judge the offside call on the body part used to score the goal.

Dippers are in a marginally worse position with 1 game less now.
Before the game it was still in their hands by beating us, now it isn’t in their hands.
My only worry is Conor Coady who is a lifelong dipper not being as honest as he should be when he plays them.
Did he not miss an open goal in 2019 against them?

I've been saying for ages the offside rule needs changing if we are stuck with VAR but this doesn't look like they have even got it right under the current rule.
In the stadium I accepted that Raheem was offside, but having seen MOTD2, as others are saying the ball's already left Kevin's foot!!!!!! Not offside!!

I’m ok with offsides being black and white decisions if the technology can handle it, even if the offside is a ridiculously close call.

What I don’t like about offsides now, and it isn’t something new to the offside rule, but it is something that has become far more prominent with VAR…the body part that the offside is given against. Sterling scores with his right foot, his right foot is 2 yards onside. He gets given offside because of his left shoulder, on a play where the ball has never left the ground.

For me, instead of all the talk of making the lines thicker/thinner blah blah blah, if you want a fairer system, judge the offside call on the body part used to score the goal.
Excellent point

My understanding is that offside has always been about any part of the body you can legally score with. In Raheem's case they've freeze framed after the ball's left Kevin's foot. Freeze frame to the point of release and Raheem's not offside - not even by mm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.