Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Surely the offside rule is when the ball is kicked. So when Kdb strikes the ball (makes contact, not when it leaves his foot).
Strike and release are the same thing aren't they - unless you're scooping the ball ? But we were screwed because the ball's already left Kevin's foot when Raheem's shoulder was ruled offside. Not offside at the point of release!!

My understanding is that offside has always been about any part of the body you can legally score with. In Raheem's case they've freeze framed after the ball's left Kevin's foot. Freeze frame to the point of release and Raheem's not offside - not even by mm.
As I said it’s nothing new, but pre VAR nobody even took someones shoulder into consideration, even though it was always the rule.

I guarantee that pre VAR, if the linesman had put his flag up for that today there would have been uproar because without the VAR lines, you are instantly drawn to looking at Sterlings legs and he looks well onside.

VAR may have introduced correct decisions by the letter of the law, but the law itself is a bag of shit when people are being given offside when their shoulder is mm offside and they score with their foot.

well he didnt cripple him since he was up and walking in 30 seconds. it was a single footed challenge that caught the ankle = yellow in the history of modern football

Thiago caught KDB after already being fouled hence the ref cant really judge it a yellow for the position on the pitch etc and only look for red for violent conduct. VAR also cannot issue a second yellow.
I'm not sure what "the history of modern football" means. The law says "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Not sure if wumming or mental.
Do you think Ederson launching it straight to Allison from our kick off which they scored from 30 seconds later had no bearing on the equaliser? If you don't then fair doo's but let's not pretend thinking it did is mental or trying to wum.

Strike and release are the same thing aren't they - unless you're scooping the ball ? But we were screwed because the ball's already left Kevin's foot when Raheem's shoulder was ruled offside. Not offside at the point of release!!
Well if as has been suggested their are 50 frames per second i would say (imo) the frame used is the one where kdb's foot first touches the ball. Wouldnt that be between approximately 0.1 & 0.5 seconds before the ball leaves his foot? So if there are 50 frames a second the var can be 25 frames off in this instance. How reassuring that the PL have cleared this up for the match going minimum wage earning fan base.

Really enjoyed it today. The football at times was breathless with two great teams going head to head. Some of our football was just incredible and its brilliant to watch a game where our players have the space to fully express themselves.

Tremendous occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.