Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

As I said it’s nothing new, but pre VAR nobody even took someones shoulder into consideration, even though it was always the rule.

I guarantee that pre VAR, if the linesman had put his flag up for that today there would have been uproar because without the VAR lines, you are instantly drawn to looking at Sterlings legs and he looks well onside.

VAR may have introduced correct decisions by the letter of the law, but the law itself is a bag of shit when people are being given offside when their shoulder is mm offside and they score with their foot.
This is what bugs me. It’s as if they are the right calls. No one knows if they are. But they decide games

The more this gets posted the better. It’s time that media and pundits discussed the detail of this and others like it. Robbed. Var is not intended to check for mm. It is not capable of checking for mm. When a goal is disallowed on the basis of mm. Something really dodgy is going on. Fs it’s obvious that frame is not when the ball left Kevins foot it’s already a foot away. If there is that margin of error how can they decide that Stirlings shoulder is offside. Cheats. That is all it is. Cheats.
View attachment 40068
It’s stunningly bad

Strike and release are the same thing aren't they - unless you're scooping the ball ? But we were screwed because the ball's already left Kevin's foot when Raheem's shoulder was ruled offside. Not offside at the point of release!!
Edit; thinking again about it...when striking a ball the foot is moving forwards, strikes the ball, then the foot carries on moving forwards and then the ball moves away from the foot. The differential will be the speed of the ball equal to the force used. The point though is my original comment. The frame used ought to be the one where the ball is first touched by KDB. & on that note ive probably sent you all to sleep...me included.

All three points would have been nice, but it is clear the players didn't sit back to settle for a point. I will take that as an encouraging sign.
I thought Liverpool did. Allison wasting time...

What could have been…

5-CBF40-E5-5-B87-44-CF-87-CB-B4-BF87764-F6-A.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.