Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

If ever you needed evidence of why we need a striker this was it. Miss ,Miss fucking miss and then our goalie has a fucking implosion. The dippers first goal would be saved by any other goalie in the division. His one saving grace (his passing and footwork has gone to fuck too)The stage was set for £100m Grealish to pay a huge chunk of it back.
Instead he was the dippers best player when he came on.
Would have been a travesty if the vermin had fucking stolen it. Mahrez at the end summed us up to a nicety.
Blimey did we lose ? I thought we were superb considering we don’t have a recognised striker. What about how we kept the best forward line in the country quiet ? No mention of that in your post.

A perfect example of everything that is preventing us from being the team we can be......

Players not at their best because they are out of position
Wasted chances
Poor decisions
Hesitancy and switching off

Bernardo is one of the worlds best attacking midfielders and yet we have him playing in the deep lying role where his talent is restricted and limited.We then have Kev,who should be running the game,in a more advanced position that also reduces his effectiveness and takes from his armoury.

Take VAR and Taylors incredibly shit officiating out of it.....I just feel that was a huge opportunity to cement our standing and make the next few games far easier,blown - we are awesome and a point is not a poor outcome,but the truth is.....we are not getting the best out of ourselves,and are our own worst enemy at times.

I think we’re doing fantastic considering our options up front. The work rate of both teams was unreal especially our boys. We’ve just nullified the most potent forward 3 to a handful of opportunities so I’m not at all unhappy with a point in fact I predicted 2-2 pre game. Only regret is we could’ve won had we finished better.

when jesus was taken out in the area in the first half it was just waved away and there was no replay on tv same when foden scored after a so called foul this along with sterlings goal and 2 sending off offences shows we were really up against it despite this we were by far the better team.

I think we’re doing fantastic considering our options up front. The work rate of both teams was unreal especially our boys. We’ve just nullified the most potent forward 3 to a handful of opportunities so I’m not at all unhappy with a point in fact I predicted 2-2 pre game. Only regret is we could’ve won had we finished better.

Very much our own doing though.....our lack of a striker is not an accident.

If he just makes a five yard pass to Foden’s left boot that is an all but certain winning goal.
THIS ^^^^^ all day. every day, and only needed it once on Sunday!!

Tbf, Jesus did same thing when he cut in from the left side of their box, with Sterling and KDB begging for the pass! As did Grealish, when he continued running into trouble after KDB had made a wide open run to his left.

I’ve been a big proponent of shoot on sight, and don’t overthink the last pass, but this was simply playing the ball to a wide open teammate to slot one home!!

And, added another 2 to our woodwork tally, which is another League record, and currently stands at 23 so far this season!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.