Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Good turn out by the Tampa Bay Blues today
View attachment 40072
8CC50C2B-9774-45EB-A4AC-97AA95B33B55.jpeg

Our TV room in FL today.

Four season card holders watching it on USA Network, and four very lucky workmates back in Manchester at the game!

Lots of tea, Coke Zero, ham salad, turkey & roast beef sarnies and kettle chips consumed then off to the beach, where copious amounts of Strawberry Margaritas and Pina Coladas were consumed!!! Good job it is a very short walk or we’d still be on the beach waiting to sober up to drive home! ;-)

THIS ^^^^^ all day. every day, and only needed it once on Sunday!!

Tbf, Jesus did same thing when he cut in from the left side of their box, with Sterling and KDB begging for the pass! As did Grealish, when he continued running into trouble after KDB had made a wide open run to his left.

I’ve been a big proponent of shoot on sight, and don’t overthink the last pass, but this was simply playing the ball to a wide open teammate to slot one home!!

And, added another 2 to our woodwork tally, which is another League record, and currently stands at 23 so far this season!!
Yep,our decision making is wank....from a percentage perspective,it really is off the scale.
Better composure and improved thinking would see us run riot.

Yep,our decision making is wank....from a percentage perspective,it really is off the scale.
Better composure and improved thinking would see us run riot.
I was right behind that last minute chance of Mahrez. A firm low shot and he would have scored, why he tried a chip is baffling?

I was right behind that last minute chance of Mahrez. A firm low shot and he would have scored, why he tried a chip is baffling?
When Sterling should have lifted it in the first half, he tried to curl it into the corner and Allison got a foot on it, and when Mahrez should have simply done a Mahrez and curled it into the far corner, he tried to lift it!!

Both of them massive international with years of experience, but the absolute wrong decision or pisd poor execution!

Boggles the mind!!

If Mahrez had curled that free kick 6 inches more, I have forgiven him, but…that’s TWICE he could have beat them in the last few minutes and he’s fluffed his lines!!

Too bad we didn’t get the corner we should have done, but I suppose that evens up the Salah shot that Laporte knocked out but didn’t get called for!

When Sterling should have lifted it in the first half, he tried to curl it into the corner and Allison got a foot on it, and when Mahrez should have simply done a Mahrez and curled it into the far corner, he tried to lift it!!

Both of them massive international with years of experience, but the absolute wrong decision or pisd poor execution!

Boggles the mind!!

If Mahrez had curled that free kick 6 inches more, I have forgiven him, but…that’s TWICE he could have beat them in the last few minutes and he’s fluffed his lines!!

Too bad we didn’t get the corner we should have done, but I suppose that evens up the Salah shot that Laporte knocked out but didn’t get called for!
Just were not switched on when it mattered CB , too many fluffed chances but encouraging that we were in a position to fluff out lines on a number of occasions.

Ederson should have done better for the their first goal and the REF was as soft as a laxative driven dump when it came to their desire to hold up play with continual fouls.

Very fortunate point for them highlighting their vulnerability , they are not nearly as accomplished and ruthless as they were in their title winning year and very much doubt they will return to that level in the short term.

I’m ok with offsides being black and white decisions if the technology can handle it, even if the offside is a ridiculously close call.

What I don’t like about offsides now, and it isn’t something new to the offside rule, but it is something that has become far more prominent with VAR…the body part that the offside is given against. Sterling scores with his right foot, his right foot is 2 yards onside. He gets given offside because of his left shoulder, on a play where the ball has never left the ground.

For me, instead of all the talk of making the lines thicker/thinner blah blah blah, if you want a fairer system, judge the offside call on the body part used to score the goal.
For me, just as they do for goal line technology, some fixed part of the player should be tagged, say boot or tge training vest they seem to wear. There is then no contentious issues as to where the line drawn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.