Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

I’m ok with offsides being black and white decisions if the technology can handle it, even if the offside is a ridiculously close call.

What I don’t like about offsides now, and it isn’t something new to the offside rule, but it is something that has become far more prominent with VAR…the body part that the offside is given against. Sterling scores with his right foot, his right foot is 2 yards onside. He gets given offside because of his left shoulder, on a play where the ball has never left the ground.

For me, instead of all the talk of making the lines thicker/thinner blah blah blah, if you want a fairer system, judge the offside call on the body part used to score the goal.
Exactly. Other than Mario :-) who the fuck has ever scored with their shoulder? Judge on head or foot and both were onside in Stirlings case.

A draw is a good result for me. We are still 1 point ahead and Liverpool have tougher set of remaining fixtures, all boils down to who finishes the season strongest.

That aside, these offside rules are getting ridiculous, felt like the rule has lost its original purpose. Have been complaining about this since early days of VAR. Funny thing is, on another day, Raheem's goal is probably given as onside.

I just hope that Mahrez chance doesn't haunt us.
Hes having a great season and should have scored but these things can happen.

A draw is a good result for me. We are still 1 point ahead and Liverpool have tougher set of remaining fixtures, all boils down to who finishes the season strongest.

That aside, these offside rules are getting ridiculous, felt like the rule has lost its original purpose. Have been complaining about this since early days of VAR. Funny thing is, on another day, Raheem's goal is probably given as onside.

Rephrase that to at the other end if the dippers scored it, VAR would be giving it. They didn’t even look at that challenge on Silva for a potential red or Jesus being taken out by their keeper in the first half.

Players being called offside because they are leaning forward is just bollcoks, that Sterling offisde should have been a goal yesterday.

They need to amend the rule to be based on the players feet, because a player being called offside merely as he is leaning forward is against the spirit of the game.
Exactly my sentiments. This and previously having the 'arms out = offside' nonsense.

Seems to me these offside rules are decided by people that have never done any sports in their life. You got to lean forward to sprint. How else are the players supposed to sprint? Arms tucked at the side, back straight so you are onside, waddling forward like a penguin?

Do you think Ederson launching it straight to Allison from our kick off which they scored from 30 seconds later had no bearing on the equaliser? If you don't then fair doo's but let's not pretend thinking it did is mental or trying to wum.

Not sure if wumming, mental or obstinate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.