Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Football should be about spontaneous fun. VAR is about correcting CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistakes. It's not remotely clear or obvious whether he was offside. When goals this like are chalked off, it spoils the game completely. I would much rather have goals like this allowed to stand as it's not clear that anyone made a mistake.

I really dislike VAR, it kills any enjoyment of goals being scored.
It also pissed me off that the dipper fans were all cheering it being chalked off before either of the screens showed it or any of the fans near us in middle East Stand knew.
Was it the dipper fans sorry Sky commentators visibly celebrating? Not sure which is the Sky box.

It also pissed me off that the dipper fans were all cheering it being chalked off before either of the screens showed it or any of the fans near us in middle East Stand knew.
Was it the dipper fans sorry Sky commentators visibly celebrating? Not sure which is the Sky box.
Was Keane and Richards in the sky box so doubt it. Think the feeling amongst most was it was offside, Sterling’s body language in itself told me he thought he was off before they even went to var.

Watching a rerun is somewhat painful because we should have won - we had the better chances by far and they should have had a man sent off. The VAR also went in their favour and we hit the post. It was a game where we saw the best that our league has to offer and we are blessed to have what we have, but Liverpool got away with it, as they often seem to.

When Sterling should have lifted it in the first half, he tried to curl it into the corner and Allison got a foot on it, and when Mahrez should have simply done a Mahrez and curled it into the far corner, he tried to lift it!!

Both of them massive international with years of experience, but the absolute wrong decision or pisd poor execution!

Boggles the mind!!

If Mahrez had curled that free kick 6 inches more, I have forgiven him, but…that’s TWICE he could have beat them in the last few minutes and he’s fluffed his lines!!

Too bad we didn’t get the corner we should have done, but I suppose that evens up the Salah shot that Laporte knocked out but didn’t get called for!
As far as Sterling is concerned I expected him to miss because he had time to think, not a good thing. With Mahrez I was shocked he usually puts some wally behind his shots, he was just being to careful and that was the mistake.

Watching a rerun is somewhat painful because we should have won - we had the better chances by far and they should have had a man sent off. The VAR also went in their favour and we hit the post. It was a game where we saw the best that our league has to offer and we are blessed to have what we have, but Liverpool got away with it, as they often seem to.
How many more chances will we fail to take in the remaining matches? Nine matches definitely to go with a possible four more, missing chances as often as we do could mean a trophyless season.

For me, just as they do for goal line technology, some fixed part of the player should be tagged, say boot or tge training vest they seem to wear. There is then no contentious issues as to where the line drawn.

Literally none of this is needed, just draw the line from the feet.....

When VAR came in the rule should have been amended because when it was just linesman there was no way they could make some of the calls that are coming out now - where half a players finger is offside and it just doesn't make sense.

Exactly my sentiments. This and previously having the 'arms out = offside' nonsense.

Seems to me these offside rules are decided by people that have never done any sports in their life. You got to lean forward to sprint. How else are the players supposed to sprint? Arms tucked at the side, back straight so you are onside, waddling forward like a penguin?

Tbf Sterling is absolutely class at waddling like a penguin mate.

Fine, then let her. What I can't take on board is you behaving like a crying child. Get off your horse and wind your neck in, you baby.
He is defending a tiny lady who is one of the oldest members of this forum and deserves credit for so doing. You just need to grow up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.