Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get that logic. We could give 20 min run ours with more games and end up better off. Also I think we peaked a bit early last year and in the business end where cup semis and key league games come up look not quite on it. I’m spoiled tho!
Pep seems to know what he is doing. I don’t give a toss about this game or result. Just want us ready for the start of the season as we went into that Spurs game last season a bit undercooked I thought. West Ham a tough first game. Bit annoying that Foden, Stones and Gundogan couldn’t even go on the tour!

We're gambling a bit on getting fitness back in first few games. We'll no doubt be fine, but it might be a bit of a ropey start to the season

To critique the individual performances would seem too much of a negative post, suffice to say we looked hugely undercooked. Special mention though to Rodders who played like he was wearing lead boots, lol.

Not overly worried as we still created a shit load of chances.

That said, the sooner we see Phil and Stones starting, the better as far as I’m concerned.

If pre season matches mean that much why did we only play 2 and fly out to the other side of the world...who organizes these things?
You need matches for the team to gel. Clearly Liverpool had 3 more games. Personally I don't see the point of flying half way around the world with the jet lag involved to play some friendlies in awful conditions, but clearly its more of a public relations exercise.

To critique the individual performances would seem too much of a negative post, suffice to say we looked hugely undercooked. Special mention though to Rodders who played like he was wearing lead boots, lol.

Not overly worried as we still created a shit load of chances.

That said, the sooner we see Phil and Stones starting, the better as far as I’m concerned.
Be nice if a few realised we now have a number 9 too, strong foundations take time to cure.

I truly believe it’s not just a football rivalry thing but they are a very strange/odd/deluded/ must have everyone think they’re the best, got the best, think everyone loves them and wants to listen to then, bunch
I agree with this. The smell in the air of them needing Nunez to score was suffocating.

I thought we edged it despite being off it. Their penalty wasn’t (wolves one we got last season was similar and everyone said it was a travesty it was given but it’s Liverpool so now it is) and ours should have been given.

Bernardo got tired towards end and de bruyne felt a little sluggish.

I thought haaland looked sharp. When those behind get up to fitness then he will be getting even more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.