Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an interesting point. Im thinking we have a slow start. The previous few years point to that. A deliberate tactic it seems, to go into seasons slightly undercooked and it has proved the right way to go, as we have won 4 out of 5 leagues. So hard to argue with. The world cup is the random thing, as you say it could trip us up when we usually go on a run....
Tha under cooked tactic won't always work though.
After seeing how we played on Saturday I think we are in possibily for a transition season.

Not a biased comment. Some will say 'Got the ball and got the man - penalty'. My opinion - no way a pen.
That sounded like one of those that Caragher and Neville do which is make their minds up before they have watched the replay. As they are watching it with you they stick to their original Idea despite a slow motion reply showing the opposite to the words coming out of their mouth

After seeing how we played on Saturday I think we are in possibily for a transition season.
No tactic works all the time. But 4 times out of 5 is a good ratio, dont see us as having a transition season, but could see us drop some points early on, before we get into our stride.

It should benefit us more. This season more than any.

If we were super fit and ready to fly. The World Cup would come and take what’s left in our energy banks and the run in would be a disaster

All we have to do. Is be one goal fitter than our opponents until we play ourselves into our stride.

Fingers crossed we get our fitness right

I really think it would be foolish to draw too many conclusions from one pre- season game.

I’ve not double checked this, so I’m hoping my mate who told me it isn’t chatting shit. But he reckons every time we’ve lost the Community Shield, we’ve gone on to finish above the team who beat us, in the league. Certainly true for Leicester, Arsenal and United. Have we lost any more?

S
Shipping out players who know the pep way (possibly Bernado), is not going to strengthen the squad.

We will be under par I fear for the first couple of months.
SIlva MUST stay this season and we mudt have a plan to replace him.

on paper every premier league manager would pick our team rather than scousers... But still we look half hearted and we get done over.
Hmmm Salah , VVD. Thiago..they have a fair few that Pep would pick tbf..imagine a combined squad! Amazing to watch tgat. KDB on tolp form linking with Salah and Foden, Thiago mopping up everything

Its an interesting point. Im thinking we have a slow start. The previous few years point to that. A deliberate tactic it seems, to go into seasons slightly undercooked and it has proved the right way to go, as we have won 4 out of 5 leagues. So hard to argue with. The world cup is the random thing, as you say it could trip us up when we usually go on a run....

I think the premier league could be a strange one this year anyway with the World Cup break part of the way through and whatnot

It will effect teams momentum for sure but that can apply to any team. You could have players with an eye on the World Cup a few weeks out and that’s making a difference in their performances, then trying to settle straight back into the league after a long international tournament could throw things off too.

You still fancy the team with most quality (us) to get the job done in the end but but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some unexpected teams up there in the league. I think very strong managers will play a big part this season, like Pep and Conte, when it comes to getting their teams focused on the job and not distracted by the World Cup breaks and whatnot.

You could say that after quite a few shield games we’ve played.

United outplayed us and beat us 3-2 in 2011. The next time we faced them was the 6-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.