Liverpool Post Match

ninjamonkey said:
The question now is, will the board be as stubborn as Pellegrini is with his tactics and keep him on next season? I think they're obsessed with this holistic approach and part of that includes not making managerial changes every other season. Unfortunately though it is very much required if we want to win anything. Pellegrini is a likeable bloke and i'm grateful for last season and some great football but he's been found out this season bigtime, we're easy to predict, easy to play against and easy to beat.
VERY HARSH BUT SADLY TRUE

rabby said:
Difference between the teams was simple they constantly
harried when not in possession we didn't.
Both goals were preventable if we pressed more
especially the first but Henderson had plenty of time to
look up and pick his spot.If we're goin to win the big games
away from home we really need to stop this pedestrian
pish spells in a match that we always have

Particularly as these spells tend to last 45 minutes. We don't often play with intensity in both halves anymore.

Blue Mooner said:
Far better side first half, disappointed with how we came out second half, I think we handed the initiative to the scousers. Lost to a wonderful strike that nine out of ten times ends up in the stands.

Think its disgusting how so many blues dance to the pundits tune, Neville and Carragher one a died in the wool rag and another a died in the wool scouser jumping on 442 as soon as they could - this is the agenda in full flow.

I saw a game that we bossed in the first half and Liverpool got the upper hand in the second, they were at home, its not the end of the world or a sign that we need a radical squad re-think - we're second in the league ffs, if we've got so many problems (allegedly) what does that say for the other 18 teams in the league ?

Had Silva and Aguero had their shooting boots on,we would have got a draw. Also, not a mention of a blatant penalty on Zaba. Anywhere else on the pitch a foul is given, but unsurprisingly not a peep from the pundits and one solitary replay with it completely glossed over.

Liverpool are world beaters today apparently and Rodgers is getting everything right, but only 3 days earlier they were going out to Besiktas in the Europa. Considering the stick we have been getting losing to one of the best teams in world football then surely Liverpool need to restructure their whole squad ?

The difference today was they got the goal, we didn't.

Bossed the first half ? Yes course we did. We were on top for two brief periods only. They controlled the game all second half with greater desire and work rate. We had more holes in our midfield than 100 tons of swiss cheese.

I think it's the players' mentality that is problematic. Many times they don't show the same desire and effort compared to the opposition. But what could be changed? We've had a 'hard' man manager and 'soft' man manager and still the players amble about on the pitch.

aguerooooo said:
ninjamonkey said:
The question now is, will the board be as stubborn as Pellegrini is with his tactics and keep him on next season? I think they're obsessed with this holistic approach and part of that includes not making managerial changes every other season. Unfortunately though it is very much required if we want to win anything. Pellegrini is a likeable bloke and i'm grateful for last season and some great football but he's been found out this season bigtime, we're easy to predict, easy to play against and easy to beat.
VERY HARSH BUT SADLY TRUE

It's clear the team is going backwards not forwards. There's too much at stake not to even think about possible changes. Not being in the champs league next season would be a disaster financially. Big decisions to be made if Pellers doesn't start thinking about the opposition and simply putting all his eggs in the yaya,silva and sergio basket to win games.

homerdog said:
Mister Appointment said:
Vinny and Zabba piss poor again. .

They were in the first half, but both played well in the second half (as did Mangala and Kolarov). They were let down by a poor midfield who couldn't press Liverpool. Yaya was shocking in the second half and I thought Nasri was for the entire game.

Onwards and upwards!

I concur. The issue was the midfield, both tactics AND effort, not the back four who looked much better in the 2nd. To be outthought by this manager and outworked by a team that should have been dead tired is very lame.

On another note, Aguero hit the post, went inches with a header and fizzed another just wide too. He's snakebit at Anfield. Played well I thought.

Blue Mooner said:
BlueHalli said:
I watched us on premgold the other day when we played arsenal and beat them 4-2. Now i wanted Hughes out but I was shocked at how much better our football was in that game compared to this season!. Players like de jong, Bellamy and swp workin their arses off and tracking back. Not because they are told to, but because they wanted to. They has desire and passion.

Our play was rapid and full of energy. Constant pressure when not in possession and forcing arsenal to make mistakes.

I know something isn't right when im using our Hughes era as a bench mark as to what sort of football we're currently playing.

Have a look where we finidshed in the league under Hughes where we were still perennial losers in the big sem-finals against the rags. Understand you might want to argue against our manager and team but using Hughes team is certainly not the strongest argument!!

Barca lost to Malaga the game before they played us and are trailling Madrid in the league, should Barca therefore rip up their squad ?

These knee jerk responses to one game are quite frankly ridiculous. Only a week ago we played our best performance of the season apparently.

That's why I stated 'in that game' and not refer to the whole of that season . In that one game we played better football with more passion than we have in all games this season!. We have no battlers in this team anymore. Or it would appear so by goin off thus season so far.

It just stood out to me how much energy we had. We wanted the ball back and our aim was to go bombing down the field and score goals. Our football this season has been slow,wasteful and pretty much unorganized.

stan bowles said:
Blue Mooner said:
Far better side first half, disappointed with how we came out second half, I think we handed the initiative to the scousers. Lost to a wonderful strike that nine out of ten times ends up in the stands.

Think its disgusting how so many blues dance to the pundits tune, Neville and Carragher one a died in the wool rag and another a died in the wool scouser jumping on 442 as soon as they could - this is the agenda in full flow.

I saw a game that we bossed in the first half and Liverpool got the upper hand in the second, they were at home, its not the end of the world or a sign that we need a radical squad re-think - we're second in the league ffs, if we've got so many problems (allegedly) what does that say for the other 18 teams in the league ?

Had Silva and Aguero had their shooting boots on,we would have got a draw. Also, not a mention of a blatant penalty on Zaba. Anywhere else on the pitch a foul is given, but unsurprisingly not a peep from the pundits and one solitary replay with it completely glossed over.

Liverpool are world beaters today apparently and Rodgers is getting everything right, but only 3 days earlier they were going out to Besiktas in the Europa. Considering the stick we have been getting losing to one of the best teams in world football then surely Liverpool need to restructure their whole squad ?

The difference today was they got the goal, we didn't.

Bossed the first half ? Yes course we did. We were on top for two brief periods only. They controlled the game all second half with greater desire and work rate. We had more holes in our midfield than 100 tons of swiss cheese. from what I saw we cannot claim to boss the first half we had the better of the opening ten minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.