Liverpool Post Match

Win our next five league games and let's see where we are then. It isn't impossible given who the opposition are but the players, staff etc need to sort themselves pretty quickly starting with a thumping win over Leicester.

blueinsa said:
i8rags said:
Rags had it won, bin dippers had it won, chelski have got it won, see where I'm going with this.

Couldn't agree more.

So much football to be played and many twists and turns left.

We have a proven record of coming back from far worse situations than this.

We do. Very worrying how little we seemed to be up for it yesterday though. Always a tough place to go obviously, but we had a chance to put Chelsea under a bit pressure and we just didn't look up to it. Reminded me of the cup final against Wigan.

11/12 we still had United at home to play

13/14 we were never that far behind, it only took Liverpool's defeat by Chelsea to put us back in the driving seat.

But the main difference between this season and those two years is that in each of those seasons we put in several sparkling displays that give you confidense that if we could re-find our form we could turn things round. This season the highlights have been relatively few and far between. We just havent played well by our standards. It seems much more like 12/13 than 11/12 or 13/14.

blueinsa said:
i8rags said:
Rags had it won, bin dippers had it won, chelski have got it won, see where I'm going with this.

Couldn't agree more.

and my cock's a kipper............ not a chance we will come back this time.

Hope I am wrong but really can't torture myself to expect anything else

Thing is I want to be winning it like United did in 2013, I'm sick to death of this inconsitency, we should be sweeping away teams apart from the top six, no excuses, show some fucking grit and determination and stop turning up like they've already won it. In the early stages of the cups get the youth in to give us that enthusiasm the other players seem to lack for those competitions at some point we are going to have to blood these players properly and at least them running around and pressing might rub off on some of the others.

cibaman said:
11/12 we still had United at home to play

13/14 we were never that far behind, it only took Liverpool's defeat by Chelsea to put us back in the driving seat.

But the main difference between this season and those two years is that in each of those seasons we put in several sparkling displays that give you confidense that if we could re-find our form we could turn things round. This season the highlights have been relatively few and far between. We just havent played well by our standards. It seems much more like 12/13 than 11/12 or 13/14.

All true. But all we can do is trying and win all our remaining games and you never know. Even if Chelsea coast to the title, at least we will ensure a good second place finish and take momentum into the off season. That is majorly important - and to say we have nothing to play for, completely misses the point. 18 other PL sides would give their eye-teeth to be in the position we are.

And we then have a 4 year record of 2 first place and 2 seconds. That's pretty darned awesome.

3 points from Hull, Burnley, Stoke and QPR (3 at home) are the games that have hurt us this season. Even 2 wins and 2 draws out of that lot would see us level,with them having a game in hand. They really are piss poor results. It made games against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool much more important and we managed one point out of 9 in them! Not good......

Teams that lose 2 and draw 3 at home with possibly more to come, don't tend to win leagues.

Yesterday was as predictable as Tuesdays result.

hoping we do have a response , need to finish as strong as possible. 33 points to play for , which would take to 88 points.

if we do go on a run and drop only a max of 3 - 5 points ....you never know.

The thing that pissed me off was at the interval,Liverpool players out on the pitch with the officials,a long wait for city players to appear,but there sat the lonely figure of Bryan Kidd,Has Pelle no idea about Bryan Kidd's history and knowledge of games against Liverpool.The input he could have given at half-time or has he been disgarded,the wealth of football experience just ignored.Crying shame.

blueinsa said:
i8rags said:

Couldn't agree more.

Not if the manager keeps shooting himself in the foot in big games we won't
I should point out that in 2013 - the rags were also in the driving seat... and we collapsed because: The players couldn't be motivated.

We're in a double whammy at the moment because the players can't motivate themselves AND the manager is shooting himself in the foot with dinosaur 4-4-2 tactics (that the players are NOT playing correctly for him).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.