Liverpool Thread 2012/13

supercrystal7 said:
AntiUnited said:
AucklandBlue said:
In my opinion the following teams have a better midfield than Liverpool:

City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle and yes even the rags.

As has been pointed out they have only won 1 game in the league this season and that was against a terminally ill Norwich outfit.

Liverpool are like Stoke in that they'll be difficult for the big teams to beat at home but will fodder for them when playing away. Last season we drew away to both of them and destroyed them at The Etihad, the same will happen this season.

what games are u watching then.. United have probably the worst mid field out of all of the "top sides". Liverpool are starting to play some great stuff but there lack of striker converting from that posetion play is there main problem. i would honestly say Chel and city have better mid then Liverpool and i think they will drop down 1 place behind arsenal when will shear comes back.

-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 am --

GHoddle said:
You would trade Mikel, Lampard, Ramires for your midfield players? I wouldn't!

I would say Chelsea have the worst midfield out of the top teams in England. United, City, Spurs, Arsenal, and Liverpool all have better midfields.

why do you keep placing united in that list. there Midfield is no show and worthless. when united played the "top teams" those teams dominated the midfield and where running the show. spurs got what they deserved and Liverpool got cheated out of three points. i cant wait till they play arsenal and city they will get overrun and destroyed.

Pretty much spot on here. United have the worst midfield out of the top 6 teams and it will remain that way unless Anderson and Cleverly greatly improve.

The Chelsea midfield is a bit underrated too. Ramiries, Mikel and Mata are nothing to sniff at. Ramires is a fantastic player, whilst Mata is world class.

From watching yesterday shit stain of a game. sir cleverly cant press the ball and anderson is beyond a comical joke. there is a reason sir alex keeps playing scholes in the big games. even though the ginger **** cant tackle he at least tries to get stuck in. cleaverly is to passive and generally awful to be considered. which is fantastic when arsenal and city come around the corner.

AntiUnited said:
supercrystal7 said:
AntiUnited said:
what games are u watching then.. United have probably the worst mid field out of all of the "top sides". Liverpool are starting to play some great stuff but there lack of striker converting from that posetion play is there main problem. i would honestly say Chel and city have better mid then Liverpool and i think they will drop down 1 place behind arsenal when will shear comes back.

-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 am --

why do you keep placing united in that list. there Midfield is no show and worthless. when united played the "top teams" those teams dominated the midfield and where running the show. spurs got what they deserved and Liverpool got cheated out of three points. i cant wait till they play arsenal and city they will get overrun and destroyed.

Pretty much spot on here. United have the worst midfield out of the top 6 teams and it will remain that way unless Anderson and Cleverly greatly improve.

The Chelsea midfield is a bit underrated too. Ramiries, Mikel and Mata are nothing to sniff at. Ramires is a fantastic player, whilst Mata is world class.

From watching yesterday shit stain of a game. sir cleverly cant press the ball and anderson is beyond a comical joke. there is a reason sir alex keeps playing scholes in the big games. even though the ginger **** cant tackle he at least tries to get stuck in. cleaverly is to passive and generally awful to be considered. which is fantastic when arsenal and city come around the corner.

Scholes can tackle decently, but is a dirty hack. He is the most yellow carded player in premiership history, but should have had plenty more reds. He is a fantastic passer of the ball even now, but just too immobile. Teams can ran past him and if they put him under pressure can win the ball off him.

I don't see anything special about Cleverly, but Anderson is okay. Not great, but has good acceleration and strength. He is still a talent, though he has regressed at United.

AntiUnited said:

I think that was my first post on the matter, so I don't 'keep doing it' lol.

I said they have a better midfield than Chelsea. That basically means I would choose Carrick and Scholes over Mikel and Lampard. Each team has a few decent central midfielders, the only one who really stands out is probably Scholes but he's 38 (?).

The other 4 teams I listed have better midfields than United or Chelsea imo. I'm not saying United have a great midfield, but you seem to be overrating Chelsea's.

GHoddle said:
AntiUnited said:

I think that was my first post on the matter, so I don't 'keep doing it' lol.

I said they have a better midfield than Chelsea. That basically means I would choose Carrick and Scholes over Mikel and Lampard. Each team has a few decent central midfielders, the only one who really stands out is probably Scholes but he's 38 (?).

The other 4 teams I listed have better midfields than United or Chelsea imo. I'm not saying United have a great midfield, but you seem to be overrating Chelsea's.

if im not mistaken Rameris and Mata are top top players. Mata is close to being world class and Rameris is soo underrated in general. I still personally think Chel and City have the best 2 mid fields in the league.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 am --<br /><br />
supercrystal7 said:
AntiUnited said:
supercrystal7 said:

Scholes can tackle decently, but is a dirty hack. He is the most yellow carded player in premiership history, but should have had plenty more reds. He is a fantastic passer of the ball even now, but just too immobile. Teams can ran past him and if they put him under pressure can win the ball off him.

I don't see anything special about Cleverly, but Anderson is okay. Not great, but has good acceleration and strength. He is still a talent, though he has regressed at United.

ive never seen scholes tackle properly lol :P. But again i think the reason sir alex takes scholes is

1. hes the better passer obviously
2. I really believe that scholes in more committed in there cause then cleavelry. ive never seen cleaverly get stuck in and try to get the ball or pressure properly.

AntiUnited said:
if im not mistaken Rameris and Mata are top top players. Mata is close to being world class and Rameris is soo underrated in general. I still personally think Chel and City have the best 2 mid fields in the league.

But Mata's not a midfielder, especially the way Chelsea play. They play with 2 in midfield and a fluid front 4. So when I'm talking about Chelsea midfield, I'm talking about Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, basically. I think United's midfielders are marginally better than that group.

GHoddle said:
AntiUnited said:
if im not mistaken Rameris and Mata are top top players. Mata is close to being world class and Rameris is soo underrated in general. I still personally think Chel and City have the best 2 mid fields in the league.

But Mata's not a midfielder, especially the way Chelsea play. They play with 2 in midfield and a fluid front 4. So when I'm talking about Chelsea midfield, I'm talking about Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, basically. I think United's midfielders are marginally better than that group.

Agreed. Chelsea's centre mids are piss poor and they won't win the league because of them IMO

GHoddle said:
AntiUnited said:

There is a lot of truth to what you say about Mata, but when it comes down to a big match he usually stays in the middle. When it comes to depth, I agree Chelsea's midfield is lacking, but it was clarified earlier only the first team was being discussed. Ramires, Mikel and Mata will outplay the United midfield. They more than held their own against Arsenal. The proof of the pudding in the tasting. When Chelsea go up against the other big guns we will see.

Both Chelsea's & United's midfields are shit.

When I say midfield, I don't mean inluding players like Mata.

Best midfields

Man City - Yaya, Javi Garcia, Barry, Rodwell, Milner
Liverpool - Lucas, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Shelvey

Good midfield

Arsenal - Wilshere, Diaby, Arteta, Ramsey

Not so good midfield

Man United - Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverly, Anderson
Chelsea - Mikel, Ramires, Lampard

I'd say United's has the edge on Chelsea though sheer depth.

Not a huge amount of differences between most of those apart frmo chelsea's IMO which with Lampard and Mikel in there is piss poor. Ramires is decent though. United still have a good midfield as long as the ginger pig is used sparingly. Personally I think and hope a full season will be too much for him at his age and he'll run out of steam. He looked absolutely goosed against spurs near the end

LoveCity said:
United's midfield is preposterously weak at the moment. Their wingers, strikers, and referees are carrying them at the moment but as we have seen any team with a good combative midfield can run right through them (Everton, Spurs, Liverpool - the latter would have won or drawn if not for that red card). Even Galatasaray looked better than them and were unlucky. I'm rubbing my hands together for the derby, if we have found some form by then it will play right into our hands with all that space in midfield.

I think Carrick's an excelent player, very under-rated by non rags(like non City fans with Barry.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.