Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Kun Aguero said:
LoveCity said:
United's midfield is preposterously weak at the moment. Their wingers, strikers, and referees are carrying them at the moment but as we have seen any team with a good combative midfield can run right through them (Everton, Spurs, Liverpool - the latter would have won or drawn if not for that red card). Even Galatasaray looked better than them and were unlucky. I'm rubbing my hands together for the derby, if we have found some form by then it will play right into our hands with all that space in midfield.

I think Carrick's an excelent player, very under-rated by non rags(like non City fans with Barry.)
I agree that Carrick is a very good player - I would welcome him at City. However what United's midfield lacks is any sort of physical presence, pressing ability, ability to run with the ball, etc. - and he doesn't bring any of those things. He brings intelligent passing and decent positional play but while those things are useful, they aren't any help when (as happens increasingly frequently) teams swamp/overrun the united midfield.

I think the Chelsea midfield is the most underrated.
Oscar plays in the deeper two perfectly as well. Mikel & Ramires could dominate in that pivot imo... We have our different views.. we'll see how it pans out.

Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Romeu, Lampard
Barry, Yaya, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner
Allen, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Lucas
Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Ramsey, Coquelin
Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverly, Scholes

Zoff said:
Oscar plays in the deeper two perfectly as well. Mikel & Ramires could dominate in that pivot imo... We have our different views.. we'll see how it pans out.

Sandro,Dembele,Sigurdsson,Parker,Dempsey

City>chelsea>>arsenal=liverpool=tottenham>man united

I think everyone will agree to this

DaveTheYid said:
Zoff said:

Sandro,Dembele,Sigurdsson,Parker,Dempsey

Sigurdsson and Dempsey do not count as if Spurs were playing a 4231 they won't play in the base/double pivot. Spurs have....

Huddlestone, Dembele, Sandro, Livermore, Parker.

Chelsea fans think Mikel is underrated.
City fans think Barry is underrated and so on.

I'm sure many people believe Busquets is worthless.
It amazes me how the general football fan doesn't cotton on to see how naive it is that they rate a player who does the back-end playmaking for their team but in the same breath criticise a player that does the same job for other teams.

It's an unsung role, opposition fans & neutrals are less likely to appreciate the players
they don't see them in full matches every week.. even among the fans their quality could be debated. Modric at Spurs is a prime example... People like goals & assists from midfielders.. They like things they can see on Match of The Day.

The Spurs players will tell you how quality Modric is, the Barca players will tell you about Busquets. It's not a coincidence that through Mourinho, Grant, Hiddink, Scolari, Ancelotti, AvB & RDM that Mikel has lasted & played prominently for all of them.

Allen at Swansea played a more attacking role which saw him get into the box etc.
Now at Liverpool he's playing Britton's role at Swansea. He's a quality player, he can play both roles verrry well

Agger signed a new contract :)

So suarez , skrtel , agger , shelvey done and sterling , suso to go , we just needed to hold on to our best players and it's looking good to be honest

Rightly announced after a defeat :p

44% said:
Agger signed a new contract :)

So suarez , skrtel , agger , shelvey done and sterling , suso to go , we just needed to hold on to our best players and it's looking good to be honest

Rightly announced after a defeat :p
Looking at Shelvey, I thought he was on day release from Walton, no?

yes liverpools midfield is so amazing. all their league wins in 2012 prove that.... back to reality. its average. better than chelseas and the rags? are people here really serious. id swanseas midfield is more effective but dont have the issstoreey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.