Liverpool Thread 2012/13

44% said:
malg said:
One more striker and they'll be looking good. They probably should have got 3 points from our game, and they definitely were robbed last week against those cheating *****. I've never hidden my liking for Liverpool as the Rags fucking hate them - as long as they finish below us, then I want them to do as well as possible.

you are the probably the only city fan who likes liverpool , everyone here seems to hate us :p
Yep I know. Don't really understand it myself, but it takes all kinds. I save all my football hatred for the Rags, and anyone who dislikes them, or anyone they dislike, are automatically 'friendly forces' in my book. Been to Anfield for the last two seasons as well, and got on well with Liverpool fans, no issues at all.

Oh, good luck for this season - as long as you're below us!

malg said:
44% said:
malg said:
One more striker and they'll be looking good. They probably should have got 3 points from our game, and they definitely were robbed last week against those cheating *****. I've never hidden my liking for Liverpool as the Rags fucking hate them - as long as they finish below us, then I want them to do as well as possible.

you are the probably the only city fan who likes liverpool , everyone here seems to hate us :p
Yep I know. Don't really understand it myself, but it takes all kinds. I save all my football hatred for the Rags, and anyone who dislikes them, or anyone they dislike, are automatically 'friendly forces' in my book. Been to Anfield for the last two seasons as well, and got on well with Liverpool fans, no issues at all.

I think a lot of it is down to three issues.

1. The whole ''pitypool'' thing. The perception is that the Mickeys always see themselves as either victims, or hard done by. And I'm not talking about Hillsborough, before I get jumped on from a great height.

2. The Luis Suarez saga from last season. We have no love for Evra, but the whole issue was handled appallingly by Liverpool and Dalglish (sorry, ''King Kenny''™). It really made an awful ot of people very angry, what with the initial denials and then the wearing of t-shirts backing Suarez.

3. The rivalry between the two cities. It's either City fans singing ''In me Liverpool slums'', or it's the dippers singing ''Oh Manchester (oh Manchester), is full of shit (is full of shit)....''

malg said:
44% said:
malg said:

There has been a rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool for hundreds of years. The Manchester Ship Canal ruined Liverpool for a while, while Manchester became the world's most important city.

United manufactured their current rivalry with Liverpool FC because they started getting jealous of all Liverpool's consecutive success when it started in the 70s. Now it's just a media circus between the two clubs. Before that they had a rivalry with them that is no bigger than ours is with them now.

Liverpool fans have sung about how Manchester is full of shit for a long time, and Harold Shipman being a hero for killing our local people etc.

Also many have been quick to bemoan our wealth and talk about our history (in their opinion lack of it).

Fuck em! Manchester na na na...

MSP said:
Not from Manchester so don't understand your local rivalries but I definitely don't dislike Liverpool.

Imagine fighting a war and some *uckers back home go on strike for more money, while other people are dying for want of bullets, fuel and food and then you might see were the dislike can be festered and nurtured.

If Rooney performed like Suarez yesterday, the media will not stop talking about him till he hangs his boots.

Tevez City said:
If Rooney performed like Suarez yesterday, the media will not stop talking about him till he hangs his boots.

They were very good goals , especially the 2nd and 3rd one

44% said:
Tevez City said:

They were very good goals , especially the 2nd and 3rd one

Laughed out loud at the second goal. The commentators still hadn't stopped slating him for missing the first chance and boom, back of the net and them choking on their words. Brilliant.

jimharri said:
malg said:
44% said:

I think a lot of it is down to three issues.

1. The whole ''pitypool'' thing. The perception is that the Mickeys always see themselves as either victims, or hard done by. And I'm not talking about Hillsborough, before I get jumped on from a great height.

2. The Luis Suarez saga from last season. We have no love for Evra, but the whole issue was handled appallingly by Liverpool and Dalglish (sorry, ''King Kenny''™). It really made an awful ot of people very angry, what with the initial denials and then the wearing of t-shirts backing Suarez.

3. The rivalry between the two cities. It's either City fans singing ''In me Liverpool slums'', or it's the dippers singing ''Oh Manchester (oh Manchester), is full of shit (is full of shit)....''

I'd add the sense of superiority and entitlement as another reason many people find it easy to dislike Liverpool. Yes, brilliant, you've won 5 European Cups, and 18 Titles, and I'm sure virtually every other club in England would love to have that kind of track record, but, aside from the great escape in 2005, none of those trophies have been in the last 2 decades.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.