Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's part of his general plan, for sure. To use the cups to promote youth and rest his first team. Set things up so that they (at best) can recruit from their own ranks or (most likely) sell the youth players at an inflated price.

This particular situation is not a culmination, it's more of a pretty messy situation. A fair share of liverpool fans think it is disrespectful, and even among those who don't think it's disrespectful there are arguments that it's not smart to throw away the competition when we have quite a few players (Origi, Minamino) that actually need game time (this is my personal view, BTW). Let them play at least.

I'm just trying to give you my view of how Klopp thinks, and why it's not really that surprising he's doing it.

Well let me tell you how I see it unfolding over the couple of years...

The Dortmund story shows us that basically Klopp will pick the best 13 or 14 players week in week out until they break. He's gone all in for the PL this year knowing that there will be a tail off soon, its 3 years now that this group has coalesced after 2 years of mid table shite. This PL title was now or never and he knows it. Add in the favourable conditions provided by the FA/PL through VAR and it has to be now.

I'll be very surprised if you defend the title next year and that will be the beginning of the end for this group and Klopp.

Klopp knows this and will be expecting move on and make way for Stevie Me to come in and do the rebuild.

For all the shiny teeth and "man of the people" bullshit he is a canny politician and will know that this can't be sustained.

I think this is part of a larger power play by 'big' clubs vs the FA.
5th round of the FA Cup has already gone to midweek and no replay.
This will just be ammunition to drop 4th round replays and make the league cup semifinal one leg.

That's where the 'big' clubs want this to go, and it's not going to be let go. It's obnoxious, and against the good of English football as a whole.
Totally agree. As someone who has grown up loving the oldest cup competition in the world, the more I think about it the more incensed I get at the "Big clubs" paying less and less heed to it.
This has nothing to do with which clubs are involved but everything to do with the slow dismantling of tradition.
I genuinely feel that in this instance Liverpool should be banished from the competition as they are not playing a first team. The U23's are a separate entity to the first team and have their own leagues and cups to play in.
I would feel the same way should City choose this as a direction to go.
I would understand and appreciate if LFC chose to field a weakened first team but this, to my mind, has crossed a boundary. Shame on you Klopp.

Totally agree. As someone who has grown up loving the oldest cup competition in the world, the more I think about it the more incensed I get at the "Big clubs" paying less and less heed to it.
This has nothing to do with which clubs are involved but everything to do with the slow dismantling of tradition.
I genuinely feel that in this instance Liverpool should be banished from the competition as they are not playing a first team. The U23's are a separate entity to the first team and have their own leagues and cups to play in.
I would feel the same way should City choose this as a direction to go.
I would understand and appreciate if LFC chose to field a weakened first team but this, to my mind, has crossed a boundary. Shame on you Klopp.
I don't buy this winter break argument..ffs they don't play again till a week on Saturday ?! remember when pellers played a weakened side against Chelsea ? we got hammered for it also we had a CL game 2days ? later

On the subject of Liverpool and respect, I see their women's team manger has had a pop at Tranmere's pitch after their second game there in three weeks was called off.

Yeah, Tranmere, get off you're arses and spend a few quid! It's one thing for your first team to have to play on that, but for an important club, European royalty no less, it just won't do!
Like Tranny can afford it. The men's team barely have any money, ffs, let alone the women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.