Liverpool thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. Cellarite

Cellarite

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
    No really! I was at the 5-1! ;)

2. gavvo

gavvo

I don't care how bad the stadium was I've been to plenty worse.

hutton who blue likes this.
  3. airfrance7

airfrance7

Has there been any reporting of this tragedy on any media platforms today? Now imagine if this had happened to any other English football club. For what happened that day that football club should of been thrown under the bus. Relegated to Division 4.

Ultrafex likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Ric

Ric

Not really sure why that’s relevant but I’ll leave you to it gavvo.

5. gavvo

gavvo

Its relevant because stadiums don't kill people.

hutton who blue likes this.
  6. Groke

Groke

Good post, although "fought" and robbed implies some kind of even event. Typically, these ****s liked safety in numbers, especially when beating up innocent waiters or shopkeepers

7. Shirley

Shirley

On the anniversary of the tragic events at Heysel it's ironic that games in 2020 have to be played at neutral stadiums because Liverpool fans can't be trusted.

8. airfrance7

airfrance7

The FA had every opportunity to nip the cult post Heysel. However!

Ultrafex likes this.
  9. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

The pictures make it clear who was in that neutral section. A lot of middle-aged men, women, and children. They ran away because they were terrified when the Liverpool thugs armed with iron bars and throwing bricks and bottles charged. They died in a crush before the wall collapsed which probably saved many lives.
    The Juventus Ultras were all at the other end of the stadium and they kicked off after it was clear what had happened. They were brawling with the police, including the one with the starting pistol. The Liverpool thugs didn't take on the Italian hooligans. They picked on women and children. It's a familiar pattern to anyone who visited Anfield in the 70s and 80s. Modern day Liverpool fans are in denial about what happened.
    We all saw it live on TV and that version of events has been told to me directly by decent Liverpool fans who were there. It was all widely reported at the time and evidence in court later backed it up.

10. BJL_City

BJL_City

They've been allowed to live in denial. We've put up with oil cheats and FFP cheats and human rights abusers for 12 years, Liverpool should have been forced to be labelled as "Heysel murderers Liverpool" in every news bulletin, sports report and article since that day. It's less incorrect that the bollocks we put up with.

Nobody would be clamouring for them to win the title, their out of towners and Norwegians would be rags. That would have been the only just and fair outcome.