Liverpool thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. crazyg

crazyg

I could say almost the same things, only about Anfield.
    My first experience of the famous Anfield "hospitality" was after the match in the 1967/68 season. I had to travel on the regular Trans-Pennine service to Lime Street as the football special (remember them) was full. I survived getting to the game and seeing the match, but on the way back, A gang of around 15 cheeky chappies must have seen my scarf and gave chase. In those days, fortunately for myself, I could do the 100 yards in 10.5 seconds and the 440 in well under a minute. They stopped the chase after about 75 yards, but I think I broke my PB for the 880 as well! I got home safely.
    The last time I went to that ground was in the 1972/73 season, and I've still got the scar on my hand to prove it. Our coach was bricked not far from the ground and a shard of glass embedded itself in my knuckle. It was still bleeding when I got home.
    I vowed then that I would never go there again.

Don't get me wrong. I have many friends on Merseyside, as our sister office was based in the Triad in Bootle, and have visited companies all over the area. One thing I never talked about was football.

2. crazyg

crazyg

STONE HIM!!!!

3. Sid C

Sid C

Fishy fingers are rather nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. cheekybids

cheekybids

It will go over his head, it’s changed from it’s never their fault to they didn’t start it.

5. cheekybids

cheekybids

Ive been hanging around for the news of 8 Liverpool fans who died.

6. GornikDaze

GornikDaze

Don’t hold your breath.... as DT would say... fake news!!

cheekybids likes this.
  7. KloppiteE

KloppiteE

Team supported:
    Liverpool Football Club
    Horrible times everywhere ay?

My first game was in 1980 and I didn’t ‘break out’, so to speak, to regularly going by myself/ with mates until ‘87/88. So I missed most of it. I mean it was still bad enough then all over but I’m happy looking back I missed the ‘70’s at the match through age.

Mad how we get on so well with each other with both City’s so alike except when it comes to football isn’t it?

Although we now at least always get a nice reception in a pub who’s name escapes me above the mini-Eithiad up Clayton. Maine Road was always strictly in and out and hope for the best.

Changed times thankfully.

8. cheekybids

cheekybids

The families of the Liverpool 8 have been quiet......I presume it was said as if Juve killed 8 Liverpool fans, wasn’t totally down to them.

9. shackattack

shackattack

Team supported:
    everton
    i would agree with you in general re getting on with mancunians etc. to say it's young scalls is a bit wide off the mark. the munich chants i would say stopped in the main after hillsborough/ heysel as there was no real moral ground to be taken on either side. the general default mode of most reds i find is if you refuse to discuss it then it never happened. liverpool rightly got lots of support off the majority of club's fans re hillsborough but refused to acknowledge or accept their part in the heysel tragedy. without heysel some of the regulations re stadiums may never have happened(perimeter fences, policing etc)- so the two incidents were interlinked.liverpool as a fanbase nearly always excuse their behaviour by saying someone else did something to deserve it, this is what grates with most fans i feel. as a kid i used to go both grounds as my grandad worked for peter robinson, i have a brother who is a red, but i meet people now and they are relieved when i say i am a blue. the whole scouse not english shit is embarassing. it lays you open to so much ridicule.

10. Greggery Peccary

Greggery Peccary

Team supported:
    Liverpool
    No, this is something else. It’s just quietly putting to bed an argument that clearly doesn’t need to be had. Football is a pretty broad spectrum, lots of other good stuff to be had there rather than daft point scoring. Have a nice day, mate, I’ll be out of the office soon :)

KloppiteE likes this.