Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing young scals. Cringe isn’t the word. The fact that’s at an early SOS meeting makes it more shamefully embarrassing after all we’ve been through.

Utd- L’pool really is a horrible, poisonous affair. They spend their time baiting about Hillsborough, then the young pricks respond with Munich. All from lads who weren’t around to have experienced either. Thankfully, a lot of self policing has come in over recent years and any of that shite gets shut down. But the fact it’s still in people is an inherent problem between both clubs.

The Munich chant stopped in large part after ‘89. Utd would have their ‘Shankly 81’ banners. We’d hit back with Munich ones. (Did I mention it was a poisonous game?). Openly admit I was guilty back in the ‘80’s of singing that crap. You follow what the bigger lads are doing the match. And then you mature and grow up and realise how inherently wrong it is to mock any tragedy/ death.

Sadly, some will never change.

The mad thing is, when you take football out of the equation, Scousers and Manc’s get on sound. We’re so alike it’s untrue.

Had some belter nights out in Manchester.

Had some horrific days there at the match.

i would agree with you in general re getting on with mancunians etc. to say it's young scalls is a bit wide off the mark. the munich chants i would say stopped in the main after hillsborough/ heysel as there was no real moral ground to be taken on either side. the general default mode of most reds i find is if you refuse to discuss it then it never happened. liverpool rightly got lots of support off the majority of club's fans re hillsborough but refused to acknowledge or accept their part in the heysel tragedy. without heysel some of the regulations re stadiums may never have happened(perimeter fences, policing etc)- so the two incidents were interlinked.liverpool as a fanbase nearly always excuse their behaviour by saying someone else did something to deserve it, this is what grates with most fans i feel. as a kid i used to go both grounds as my grandad worked for peter robinson, i have a brother who is a red, but i meet people now and they are relieved when i say i am a blue. the whole scouse not english shit is embarassing. it lays you open to so much ridicule.

Are you his PA?

No, this is something else. It’s just quietly putting to bed an argument that clearly doesn’t need to be had. Football is a pretty broad spectrum, lots of other good stuff to be had there rather than daft point scoring. Have a nice day, mate, I’ll be out of the office soon :)

When was that from Shack?

I originally thought it must be pretty old but then it was most likely filmed on a phone?
it's not recent and am not trying to claim it is - 2009 i think. but my point is that SOS ( Hooton and his fellow poets) are generally regarded as a bona fide group who are influential within the club.

2 years ago this was.

kids and a minority mm??

I’d have to take issue with that mate.

The club may have shut down over Heysel but older Reds have always been open to discussing it. And lads got sent down over it so it was never something that we as fans could run from if we wanted to.

The whole classing ourselves as different from the rest of the Country is political and born out of years of suffering g at the hands of the rest of the Country. (This mornings Hillsborough slur in here a glaring example of why that separatism exists.). That’s a whole other issue that I’d happily get into but given a lot of the continued snarky barbs it’s probably best left.

The club may have shut down over Heysel but older Reds have always been open to discussing it. And lads got sent down over it so it was never something that we as fans could run from if we wanted to.

The whole classing ourselves as different from the rest of the Country is political and born out of years of suffering g at the hands of the rest of the Country. (This mornings Hillsborough slur in here a glaring example of why that separatism exists.). That’s a whole other issue that I’d happily get into but given a lot of the continued snarky barbs it’s probably best left.
How have you suffered at the hands of the rest of the country ?

Wow never thought I’d hear a scouser with a “woe is me tale !! I’m shocked

How have you suffered at the hands of the rest of the country ?

You’d have to come from here to fully understand that. Wherever you go, the accent carries its own stereotypical slurs. I forget which boxer coined it, but the last two ‘acceptable’ forms of racism are to mock the Irish and Liverpudlians.

And that’s before you even get into how Thatcher systemically tried to decimate the City with her ‘managed decline.’ And spending the past 3 decades and more battling the establishment, and subsequent abuse from people the breath of the land over the lies that still stand today with many over Sheffield. And then, laughably, they expect you to come together as one behind the National side and forget it for the duration of a tournament!

To start to scratch the surface of that scab.

And there you have it.

The ‘woe is me/ self pity City’ rhetoric.

Which all makes it impossible to have a rational discussion. The same way we’ve seen over the past 24 hours people refusing to countenance all the factors that contributed to that faithful night in Brussels.(The ‘fit for purpose’ ground like is still jaw dropping.).

It really is best left.

Thing is, unlike most other posters in Bluemoon (at least on the face of it) I love Liverpool and I love scousers. I’ve got a load of very positive links to the city, and I genuinely think it’s one of the great metropolises in the Kingdom. I’ve got some truly great memories of some of the times of my life I’ve spent in Liverpool.

So I’m not consumed by hate when I say this: the level of denial from your club, and you lot, as supporters, around Heysel, is utterly reprehensible. Heysel was caused by the egregious truculence of Liverpool supporters at a European Cup Final, proceedings to which LFC supporters today hold up as the apogee of the football experience. If nothing else, that behaviour was unspeakably rude and disrespectful, irrespective of criminal liability.

Do you think that is something to be ashamed of? I would if that was City fans.

Until this causation fact is acknowledged in earnest by apparatchiks of LFC, and their acolytes, then I’m not sure this wound is ever going to start healing, which is something you appear to be advocating.

Any suggestions?

And that’s before you even get into how Thatcher systemically tried to decimate the City with her ‘managed decline.’ And spending the past 3 decades and more battling the establishment.

Was it similar to what your club has/is doing to the anfield area, buying houses, putting up steel shutters and leaving them to ruin, systematically destroying the lives of residents still living there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.