Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw2tYMFN77pKd9l9w-xtljy4&ampcf=1

Admittedly 6or7 years old now, I'd love you to defend your clubs actions tho

You’ve answered your own point.

They got a lot wrong early but they’ve repeatedly learnt from those mistakes over the last 4 years or so when they changed their whole structure/ operation of business and now are working with/ for the better of the immediate community.

We can sit here all day mate and throw up articles and criticise our respective clubs, as unsavoury as that is. But if you want to go back to the past, you also need to acknowledge the good they are doing now having learnt from those early mistakes in many aspects.

Sorry, I may have misread that question .....

Are you asking if it’s shameful, when it comes form a Liverpudlian, that the European Cup Final is held up as the biggest game in football down to being involved in a tragedy at one?

Apologies if I read that wrong.
I doubt you misread it, but you certainly appear to have misapprehended it.

You’ve answered your own point.

They got a lot wrong early but they’ve repeatedly learnt from those mistakes over the last 4 years or so when they changed their whole structure/ operation of business and now are working with/ for the better of the immediate community.

We can sit here all day mate and throw up articles and criticise our respective clubs, as unsavoury as that is. But if you want to go back to the past, you also need to acknowledge the good they are doing now having learnt from those early mistakes in many aspects.

I can acknowledge that very recently your club is aiming to improve the area, but for 30 years they destroyed a community.
I can also acknowledge your club eventually did the right thing by not furloughing, it doesn't make them any less of a bunch of ****s

Thing is, unlike most other posters in Bluemoon (at least on the face of it) I love Liverpool and I love scousers. I’ve got a load of very positive links to the city, and I genuinely think it’s one of the great metropolises in the Kingdom. I’ve got some truly great memories of some of the times of my life I’ve spent in Liverpool.

So I’m not consumed by hate when I say this: the level of denial from your club, and you lot, as supporters, around Heysel, is utterly reprehensible. Heysel was caused by the egregious truculence of Liverpool supporters at a European Cup Final, proceedings to which LFC supporters today hold up as the apogee of the football experience. If nothing else, that behaviour was unspeakably rude and disrespectful, irrespective of criminal liability.

Do you think that is something to be ashamed of? I would if that was City fans.

Until this causation fact is acknowledged in earnest by apparatchiks of LFC, and their acolytes, then I’m not sure this wound is ever going to start healing, which is something you appear to be advocating.

Any suggestions?
I couldn't have put it better myself (mainly cause I have absolutely no idea what you are on about)............... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.