Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Briggs won BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year, which has always been a mystery to me, as he doesn’t have any personality to speak of!
And from memory hadn't he played less games that season than any other since he made his debut and scored bugger all goals

Good evening,hope we are all well?
as ever I come in peace and if my question is misconstrued i apologise in advance.
I've noticed a few posters saying Liverpool's title will be tainted due to covid-19 etc but my point is it they just need 6 points surely they will be deserved winners after being so far ahead.
as I said it's a genuine question and I respectfully ask for a touch of civility in return.
regards Jim.

You were 6 points clear in the old premier league, the restart is a completely different competition with different rules, more subs, no fans no VAR, neutral grounds , a 3 month break. Hence why I think it should be null n void.

and a couple of years before that he did the same when he wanted to move from Celtic to Southampton. He'll hopefully do the same when Real Madrid come calling.

Didn’t know this. So he’s a sulky, spoiled little brat, then? Throws a tantrum when things don’t go his way?

Why do I feel he’s at the right club...

I think you’ve been the best team in the Premier League this season. 25 points the best team though? I don’t think so.

I believe City were robbed of two points at home to Tottenham. I believe we were robbed of the chance to convert a penalty for the lead at Anfield and were 1-0 down within a minute instead.

We shot ourselves in the foot on a few occasions such as Norwich away but every time we got our hopes up that you too would drop points, (Leicester at Anfield, Wolves at Anfield, the Merseyside Derby) decisions went for you.

The only two I can think of that you could complain about was the armpit offside against Villa (but then it was offside, ridiculous but offside) and the challenge in the build up to United’s goal at OT but then Origi went down holding the wrong leg.

I think City were finding it hard to sustain the phenomenal rate of the last two years and as the nation laughed at the increasingly bizarre run of luck that Liverpool were having with VAR, I think our players lost a bit of motivation believing they were fighting a losing battle.

That’s why I believe a lot of City fans are pissed off and don’t care. There was a sea change on Sky Sports around the time that you won 4-3 at Anfield in our Centurions season.

That Salah goal was shown so many times and despite you finishing 4th that season, it seemed to be already decided that you were our main challengers before you signed Allison, Fabinho and whoever else you bought that summer.

You can claim that we’re paranoid but it seems like everywhere we turn, we get criticised whilst your club does what it wants and it’s quickly smoothed over by the media.

I don’t believe that had your run of VAR luck not happened and you were 5-10 points clear when Covid-19 struck, many City fans would’ve begrudged you the title but when perceived handouts come at our cost, it’s piss funny to me that the virus will steal your moment of glory.

I think I’ve answered you pretty well there.

Now please be as accommodating to my question;

Have you got any thoughts or theories on what was meant by Richard Scudamore when he said the Premier League had “a strategic plan to put a new name on the trophy every six years”?

As an add on, do you believe there should be strategic plans to get the result the league desires?
The premier league probably would like a variety of winners.
Do I think a fix is in ?
Definitely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.