Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s nearly as wank as calling them Candlepool, Dipperpool etc. Will never understand the urge to give other teams and players shit nicknames. It’s proper juvenile stuff. Why not just call them by their actual name?! I think seeing Salah called Salad is a new low, but I’m praying/hoping that’s down to autocorrect on their phones rather than anything else.
For a club and fan base that believe 'it means more' to them, as well as being European Royalty and too posh for plastic, I think by and large they get off lightly.

I agree with a Ric to a point, but after reading the RAWK City thread, nothing posted on here comes close.

They really are fan base apart from any other fan base. Their belief in self righteousness and entitlement is absolutely breathtaking. Giving Liverpool FC the title of ‘European Royalty’, is just one example of many.

When you look back at how their fans have behaved, sorry misbehaved over the decades across Europe and in England, you’d think they would show some humility. But no, there isn’t any.

Yeah, I’m pinning my hopes on that too. But I think we were last season, and it never really materialised.
If Dortmund was anything to go by, they'll stay close to perfect fitness all season. It'll be next season at the absolute earliest (if ever) that they start to break down.

Dippers not going away.. are they ?
Need to stay with them and bring them down a peg or two in November.

That’s nearly as wank as calling them Candlepool, Dipperpool etc. Will never understand the urge to give other teams and players shit nicknames. It’s proper juvenile stuff. Why not just call them by their actual name?! I think seeing Salah called Salad is a new low, but I’m praying/hoping that’s down to autocorrect on their phones rather than anything else.

Because a trip to Re Cafe and RAWK is a lesson in respect for City and us fans? They reap what they sow in my opinion.

]not sure I agree here, not just because we’ve been humiliated for years as being little city and the rest we’ve had to digest over the years. I’m sure it does rise to the surface by many Cityfans to fight back now times are good. I’m not playing the downtrodden right is right card but are we gentlemen fans that don’t offer banter back? I believe our humour over the tired times gives more than the gentle prodding of opponents now, and when the inevitable does happen and some other team becomes dominant. I don’t think it’s childish I wouldn’t want us, as fans to be so beige that we forget or appreciate where we are. But banter on OURweb site(thank you Ric) is conducive to argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.