Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Liverpool echo is a guilty pleasure of reading at the moment, their obsession with writing articles about City is off the scale. Slagging City off for paying a million pound more than what they needed to for Ake.

As they haven’t won the league in such a long time I don’t think they realise what happens when you don’t spend. City are doing it, the rags will do it and a Chelsea are showing ambition.

Is it like Nazi propaganda in the Echo where they won’t write articles that questions what Liverpool are up too? Or are they leaving that in the tank for the end of season inquest in May?

The Liverpool echo is a guilty pleasure of reading at the moment, their obsession with writing articles about City is off the scale. Slagging City off for paying a million pound more than what they needed to for Ake.

As they haven’t won the league in such a long time I don’t think they realise what happens when you don’t spend. City are doing it, the rags will do it and a Chelsea are showing ambition.

Is it like Nazi propaganda in the Echo where they won’t write articles that questions what Liverpool are up too? Or are they leaving that in the tank for the end of season inquest in May?
The Echo is a doomed newspaper with one of the biggest circulation declines in the UK press. It's now selling 26,600 copies a day in a metro area of more than 1m people (Merseyside). Its owners (Reach) have just announced 550 job cuts. Everton fans don't buy it and neither do many local Liverpool fans with those figures. People can see through its clickbait garbage.

Thing is, as football fans we all do it to a certain extent: project ourselves onto our clubs and associate ourselves with their success when it comes along, when in truth we’ve had little meaningful impact into the outcome; but there have to be sensible limits to that - and the truth is only a Liverpool fan could fail to appreciate where that line is to such a conspicuous extent.They possess a lack of self-awareness that sets them apart from the rest of the football supporting world. They genuinely believe their club contains this unique force that sets it apart from all others.

It’s been said by others that the club displays many of the characteristics of a cult, and that’s certainly correct, but that’s more a reflection on the collective of their support - I think it’s equally worth observing that individually they have a greater proportion of supporters that (putting it as kindly as I can) display discernible mental deficiencies, usually borne from crushing insecurity, and the FKW medal manifestation has to be the exemplar of that.

Like I said, something to be pitied, not reviled.
You're spot on.
The Moonies have got nothing in this bunch of not right weirdos.
I remember being at school in the 80s and couple of kids moving to the area from Norfolk and Croydon.
Both tossers with no common sense or self awareness.
Guess who they both "supported"?

You're spot on.
The Moonies have got nothing in this bunch of not right weirdos.
I remember being at school in the 80s and couple of kids moving to the area from Norfolk and Croydon.
Both tossers with no common sense or self awareness.
Guess who they both "supported"?
SOUND LIKE BLUEMOON REGULARS ,CITY ?

It's also interesting that none of their media fan boys are saying you have to retain the league to be considered a great team or are making any predictions for next year.
Strange really as apparently they were the greatest team ever a few months ago before they nearly broke all our records.

Thing is, as football fans we all do it to a certain extent: project ourselves onto our clubs and associate ourselves with their success when it comes along, when in truth we’ve had little meaningful impact into the outcome; but there have to be sensible limits to that - and the truth is only a Liverpool fan could fail to appreciate where that line is to such a conspicuous extent.They possess a lack of self-awareness that sets them apart from the rest of the football supporting world. They genuinely believe their club contains this unique force that sets it apart from all others.

It’s been said by others that the club displays many of the characteristics of a cult, and that’s certainly correct, but that’s more a reflection on the collective of their support - I think it’s equally worth observing that individually they have a greater proportion of supporters that (putting it as kindly as I can) display discernible mental deficiencies, usually borne from crushing insecurity, and the FKW medal manifestation has to be the exemplar of that.

Like I said, something to be pitied, not reviled.
I admit I take pride in city’s accomplishments, although like you say I’ve contributed next to nothing really. But I cannot even fathom having the lack of self awareness to crown myself a medal wearing champion.
I’d be interested to know their justification but I bet they wouldn’t have any, not because they know it’s stupid but because they don’t understand someone else not understanding.

They’d make a fascinating case study.

I see Roma are being taken over by an American, now imagine if City had used a ghost club only got it to be taken over by an Emirati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.