Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This constant propaganda from their pals in the media regarding Nunez is beyond a joke. Nunez is a decent player but nowhere near an elite forward, basically an expensive Tony Cascarino.

My memory of that terrible day in Heysel is a little bit hazy, so please feel free to add to/correct my recollection.
The march was shown on terrestrial tv, no sky back then.
Before the match started, the fans rioted.
I had no thought that anyone would be killed, the sight of battling fans was not uncommon in those days, nobody had been killed before.
So events progressed and the area near the goal was turned into a place where the 'injured' (who were actually dead) could be attended to.
The commentary team included Mike Ingham who summed up the events.
From my own point of view, I am fairly sure that only one death was confirmed (possibly two).
Heaven knows what was going on behind the scenes!
Because the death toll seemed to be 'only 1 or 2' the match was given the go ahead.
To me, this decision was completely wrong, the match should have been called off.
R.I.P. the 39.
Remember watching it and thinking how disinterested the Juve players looked. Like they didn't want to play and it was obvious.

Could you imagine these days where they stop the game it appears if a fan farts and breaks a rib how the officials would react to so much death and suffering, it'd be stopped straight away I have no doubt and rightly so.

They killed people, it was their fault and now THEY are heading the argument and claiming victimhood.
The Section Z that they attacked was mainly Italian families who were living or working in Belgium. At least twice there were surges across the terraces where the riot police seemed unable to contain them.

The Section Z that they attacked was mainly Italian families who were living or working in Belgium. At least twice there were surges across the terraces where the riot police seemed unable to contain them.
They attacked the neutral section. Men in suits, women and children. They have been too ashamed to admit this. The Juve Ultras were at the other end. Anyone who went to Anfield in the 70s and 80s knows that they targeted fans on their own in those days. They had a reputation for it. Ask any United fans of that era.

They attacked the neutral section. Men in suits, women and children. They have been too ashamed to admit this. The Juve Ultras were at the other end. Anyone who went to Anfield in the 70s and 80s knows that they targeted fans on their own in those days. They had a reputation for it. Ask any United fans of that era.
Am not going to pretend Everton were any better as that would be stupid. Stanley Park and the walk back from Lime Street was never a pleasant journey.
Heysel had many causes, but the main one was no doubt the surges across the terraces to attack rival fans, as you say most of whom were not the hard-core Juve fans but families. Hillsborough and Heysel were different events but they can't accept support for one, without criticism for the other. Their defence of Heysel now is that fans use it to point score and have no interest in justice for the bereaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.