Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They attacked the neutral section. Men in suits, women and children. They have been too ashamed to admit this. The Juve Ultras were at the other end. Anyone who went to Anfield in the 70s and 80s knows that they targeted fans on their own in those days. They had a reputation for it. Ask any United fans of that era.
Or even a west ham fan the other week

Those fuckers go to Istanbul, they wouldn't want to wear colours. Gala and Fenerbahce really don't like them.
No one f*cking likes them , they get a good kicking everywhere they go Roma , Naples , Turkey , and before every european away trip they are crying for protection for their supporters , bunch of shysters.

No one f*cking likes them , they get a good kicking everywhere they go Roma , Naples , Turkey , and before every european away trip they are crying for protection for their supporters , bunch of shysters.
"You need police protection ' !!
(Can't beat some of the old songs).

I’m not going to go back and re-read up on the whole case but from memory it was always a dodgy conviction that had the hallmarks of the Bulgarian authorities wanting a conviction and weren’t particularly bothered who that was.

Wasn’t the pardon based on an off the record confession from a bloke admitting he did it?
You are TOTALLY wrong.

Allegedly - hid a cache of weapons , which the police found. Subsequently released just a year into an 18 year sentence.
@shackattack Sorry that's not correct. Customs officers arrested Haase and his mate for a large consignment of drugs. He offered to provide information re guns. The corrupt customs officers agreed. Whilst on remand and during his sentence, Haas had his associates, over a period of time plant guns all over the North West. The police had a duty to recover them even when they suspected what was going on.
Customs officers petitioned Howard for a pardon which he granted believing Haase had helping prevent scores of guns being used.
Later the police gained enough evidence to expose the charade. Hasse was then convicted re the guns. The corrupt Customs officers were also convicted. They knew the guns were being planted but were enjoying the bragging rights over the cops.
To be fair to Howard he acted in good faith unlike Jack Straw

I’m not going to go back and re-read up on the whole case but from memory it was always a dodgy conviction that had the hallmarks of the Bulgarian authorities wanting a conviction and weren’t particularly bothered who that was.

Wasn’t the pardon based on an off the record confession from a bloke admitting he did it?

As @bluemist says, totally wrong.

Intimidation
Public appeal
Injustice
Scapegoat

That’s scousewashing!

My memory of that terrible day in Heysel is a little bit hazy, so please feel free to add to/correct my recollection.
The march was shown on terrestrial tv, no sky back then.
Before the match started, the fans rioted.
I had no thought that anyone would be killed, the sight of battling fans was not uncommon in those days, nobody had been killed before.
So events progressed and the area near the goal was turned into a place where the 'injured' (who were actually dead) could be attended to.
The commentary team included Mike Ingham who summed up the events.
From my own point of view, I am fairly sure that only one death was confirmed (possibly two).
Heaven knows what was going on behind the scenes!
Because the death toll seemed to be 'only 1 or 2' the match was given the go ahead.
To me, this decision was completely wrong, the match should have been called off.
R.I.P. the 39.
There’s a few things I remember from that match coverage that aren’t often shown. Iirc - it’s long ago!
1. The Juventus fans had a massive long sign saying ‘animals’
2. There was a Juventus fan, who was walking about on the track in front of his own fans, that looked like he was waving a pistol.

I also remember the Liverpool fans charge across the terrace … and the hideous result.
And a Liverpool player on the stadium speaker system, pleading for calm, so they could get the game on and out of the way.

As @bluemist says, totally wrong.

Intimidation
Public appeal
Injustice
Scapegoat

That’s scousewashing!
What is also wrong is a poster who 'can't be bothered to re-read and check' before posting all the lies the dippers have.
Bulgaria were fuming and made it known at every possible level what they thought of the British. They said that Britain were basically stating they had a third world legal system that could not be trusted. They had painstakingly investigated the very serious offence and 'we' trashed them.
Further, it put in jeopardy the virtual world wide agreement that prisoners could be transferred to jails in their own country to serve out their sentence.
Finally, as I've stated previously, a man feared for his own life but perhaps worse, the lives of his family if he didn't confess. The confession was not even relied on by Shields own solicitor as he knew it was a crock of shit. No football fan would ever threaten someone's life to make him confess to a very serious crime that he had not done........ but a gangster would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.