Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 possible champions league opponents, Nearly 40%, chance of getting bayern because of the restrictions, half that chance of getting either Portuguese side, and a similar chance of getting Madrid. Nailed on they're going to Portugal then. Always get the easiest route possible even when they fail to win their group.

I really enjoy your posts always usually daft and I think we’re on the same wavelength humour wise - sick mainly or sic!
This post sent me to the internet . It’s all there isn’t it.
Keep up the good work.
Somehow these feral scumbag fuckpigs have grappled their way to the moral high ground and the lickspittle media are playing along.
Always the victims was never about Hillsborough.

Especially when you see what happened to Joe Anderson which is entirely consistent with how the Bulgarian authorities felt they operated.

He represented Liverpool City Council as a member of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority. In December 2020, Anderson temporarily stood down as Liverpool mayor after being arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation. He was also suspended from the Labour Party.

Especially when you see what happened to Joe Anderson which is entirely consistent with how the Bulgarian authorities felt they operated.

He represented Liverpool City Council as a member of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority. In December 2020, Anderson temporarily stood down as Liverpool mayor after being arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation. He was also suspended from the Labour Party.
This would be the same Joe Anderson that led the campaign to free Shields.

Putting aside the fact that Evans is being an utter **** over Heysel and that Liverpool fans were primarily responsible for what happened there regardless of what he claims, IMO the fences did play a role in what happened at Hillsborough. In 1981 Tottenham played Wolves in the FA Cup semi-final there and Spurs fans were housed in the Leppings Lane end. There was a crush following Tottenham's opening goal which lead to 38 Spurs fans suffering injuries. There easily could've been fatalities due to the fences but the police - to their credit, unlike 8 years later - helped alleviate the situation by opening the gates at the front to allow Spurs fans to escape, many of whom were then allowed to sit around the perimeter of the pitch for the rest of the match.
There is no IMO about it. It was human gross negligence and physics. If the fences hadn’t been there, it wouldn’t have happened, irrespective of the extent of the former.

My memory of that terrible day in Heysel is a little bit hazy, so please feel free to add to/correct my recollection.
The march was shown on terrestrial tv, no sky back then.
Before the match started, the fans rioted.
I had no thought that anyone would be killed, the sight of battling fans was not uncommon in those days, nobody had been killed before.
So events progressed and the area near the goal was turned into a place where the 'injured' (who were actually dead) could be attended to.
The commentary team included Mike Ingham who summed up the events.
From my own point of view, I am fairly sure that only one death was confirmed (possibly two).
Heaven knows what was going on behind the scenes!
Because the death toll seemed to be 'only 1 or 2' the match was given the go ahead.
To me, this decision was completely wrong, the match should have been called off.
R.I.P. the 39.
You’re correct mate, your memory is not too bad at all, it was on terrestrial TV and I watched it all unfold, the broadcasting was very scant on the severity of the casualties at the time, which is understandable as it was pandemonium, I’m pretty sure the players knew little more than there’d been a lot of trouble inside the ground with people seriously hurt, think it was maybe Phil Neal who later said they had no idea people had died and that if the players had known they wouldn’t have wanted to play the match.

It fuckin sickens me when I see pissed up gimps like Tony Evans trying to re-write history (aided and abetted by many of our gutless media it seems) because “ he was there”, well Tony, I watched it all from a much superior vantage point with many angles and replays, so his bullshit isn’t washing with me, ever.

Has anyone from our media actually called this out for what it is yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.