Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to reverse Ataturk's secular republic, and return it to being run to Islam's medieval laws. Sadly, he has many many supporters who agree with him.

Ataturk will be spinning...
Thanks for that mate, the general feeling I got was that many were actually opposed to going that way, but I guess Turkey is one of those countries that can vary hugely from region to region, and maybe my experience was just a small sample size, from an architectural point though, the Mosques look stunning and very impressive when you see them .

What year was it they talked their way back into the champions league on the basis they were the holding champions?

Thanks for that mate, the general feeling I got was that many were actually opposed to going that way, but I guess Turkey is one of those countries that can vary hugely from region to region, and maybe my experience was just a small sample size, from an architectural point though, the Mosques look stunning and very impressive when you see them .

The coastal areas we all tend to visit are very different to the interior and the east parts, where they appear to be far more religion led, and far less 'westernised'. That's where Erdogan gets his support from.

I recall in Dalyan, sat in a bar near the mosque, after prayers, many of the men came in and were drinking beers. I told our Turk friends with us how suprised I was to see that, and he said 'We are Muslim like you are Christian. It's part of who we are, but not all we are'. That secular attitude wouldn't be allowed to prevail if Erdogan gets his way.

Perhaps the knobhead MP wanting Hillsborough to be on the school curriculum should push for this footage to also be shown as part of the "education".
I don't recall seeing such harrowing footage back in the day. A truly AWFUL day for football, regardless of who you follow.
Nobody should go to a football match to never return.

Perhaps the knobhead MP wanting Hillsborough to be on the school curriculum should push for this footage to also be shown as part of the "education".
I don't recall seeing such harrowing footage back in the day. A truly AWFUL day for football, regardless of who you follow.
Nobody should go to a football match to never return.
Harrowing watch.... hadn't seen it before. Grim indeed
I noted on 4 mins 55 there is a flag with Munich 58 at the top with Liverpool FC underneath it..... i wonder if the MP noted that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.