Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the victims never their fault mate.

CGKMAZ-WEAABK_2.jpg

CGJ_0MTW0AETZcu.jpg
I think these two pictures should be posted on RAWK and sent to that prick MP with the following:

Chanting about the Hillsborough Disaster should not be acceptable in any form. But for fucks sake, stop claiming any moral high ground as a result of such despicable chants.

I think these two pictures should be posted on RAWK and sent to that prick MP with the following:

Chanting about the Hillsborough Disaster should not be acceptable in any form. But for fucks sake, stop claiming any moral high ground as a result of such despicable chants.

Hillsborough should be left alone, nobody should be using that as a weapon. But when Heysel is brought up they conflate Heysel with Hillsborough so it can't technically be stopped because they are the victims of everything even if they kill people.

They want 'offensive chants' banning.
Who decides what is 'offensive'?
For example, I find it pretty offensive when they refer to Manchester City FC as 'Abu Dhabi' or 'FFP Cheats.'
Maybe all chanting at football matches should be banned, along with banners making offensive comments. After all, everything is offensive to someone. Even the National Anthem.
Crowd reaction could be limited by law to polite clapping and cries of 'Play up (team name)', and 'Well played,sir.'

For example, I find it pretty offensive when they refer to Manchester City FC as 'Abu Dhabi' or 'FFP Cheats.'
Maybe all chanting at football matches should be banned, along with banners making offensive comments. After all, everything is offensive to someone. Even the National Anthem.
Crowd reaction could be limited by law to polite clapping and cries of 'Play up (team name)', and 'Well played,sir.'
Indeed, Brian. I think our chums at The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers' Society are on to something here.

With reference to your final paragraph, I suggest the atmosphere at games might be improved and elevated to a classier level were the words of Sir Henry Newbolt adopted and adapted by our fellow Blues.

Imagine the phalanx at the South stand singing a rousing chorus of Sir Henry's 'Vita Lampada'.. 'There's a breathless hush in the Close tonight/..Play up and play the game' and so on!

Things could also be improved if our players, upon scoring a goal, swiftly returned to kick-off position having celebrated with firm, manly handshakes, rather than all that cavorting that blights the modern game!

Further, if our country's law makers would only relent and allow supporters to enjoy a dish of Earl Grey together with a French fancy or two while sitting in the stands, then the whole match day experience for each and every one of us would be improved and made that much more civilised..

Last edited:
Anything spouted by the Dipper Diaspora is perfectly fine, anything aimed at mimicking Anfield, Klippity, Aldridge, King Kenny, Bootle, Penny Lane, Albert Dock,Jimmy Tarbuck, Ken Dodd, Arthur Askey, Liver birds and John H is wholly offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.