Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSG tried their hardest to further rig English football in their favour.

FFP, Project Big Picture, the European Super League.

They failed at every turn.

We have beaten them on the pitch and off it, and doesn't it taste sweet.
Absolutely 100% this
And they have the absolute gall and audacity to accuse City of being cheats
Reminds me of The Sting when Robert Shaw’s violent, entitled, homicidal poker cheat is taken down by Newman and Redford

Get yourself on twitter. It's wall to wall Ronaldo fanboys. They support the player, not the club. It's a weird viewpoint, it really is. Reminds me of when Edin was playing for us. This place was clogged up with Bosnians. Woe betide if you dared to criticise him. As soon as he left, they vanished "like a fart in the wind".
We had that with Turks and Cenk Tosun. You could always tell if he was starting for us or not by the amount of angry reacts from Turks when the line-up for the day was announced on Facebook, and they used to get super touchy about any criticism of him too.

I don't get supporting players either. I have my faves, like Pickford and Calvert-Lewin, but I wouldn't support Sunderland if Pickford went there. The clubs outlast the players. What happens when they retire, you just pick someone else? Loads of these Ronaldo fanboys aren't even Spanish or Portuguese, they're from all over the place.

View attachment 60539
I could have sworn everyone talks about gegenpress and instant attacks with balls over the top with regards to Liverpool… must be a different Liverpool being talked about by Warnock with this ‘patience’…
I genuinely think it’s completely fair to say that no human being has ever talked about Liverpool’s patience.

If they had any sense they would. There's even space to build a brand new stadium next to Elland Road so they wouldn't have to fuck about extending Elland Road whilst still using it, plus a railway line running straight past as well as direct access to the motorway network and the main ring roads in Leeds. If I was a multi-billionaire looking to invest, Leeds would be my first stop.
If it was an American billionaire couldn’t they buy both franchises and merge them into Leeds red birds or something & piss off both sets fans simultaneously

The Dipper squad is paper thin , two or three injuries and they are scraping the barrel with mediocre players coming off the bench , can see Clubshop riding off into the sunset unless he is heavily backed in the transfer market next year.
You can only polish a turd so many times.

I know you'll say; "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?", but anyway. I can’t fathom why L***s are seen as a "big" club. They've won 3 league titles*, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Inter City Fairs Cups. They seem to pretty consistently average crowds in the mid 30ks down the years. Not bad, but it is a one club town. Not having a pop at you, by the way. They're seen as big by the footballing world. I'm just puzzled as to how they've attained that status

*3 league titles isn't shabby, by the way. Better than the majority of clubs in the top division. But if you look at what is referred to now as the "top 6" clubs, only Spurs (2) have less top flight titles.

But then; I would say that, wouldn't I?

:-)
Probably seen as big because when our generation were growing up and becoming aware of football they were one of the most successful clubs in the country with a team that was literally robbed of the European Cup in 1975 in one of the biggest scandals in European football history. Although before 1965 they were nowhere and went back into obscurity in the 1980s before being a force again in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.