Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest sermon from the gift that keeps on giving, the Liverpool thought bank

I predicted this would happen, almost tongue in cheek really but also serious such is the levels of delusion in that cult, but even I thought they'd hold off at least a few months before claiming the likes of elliot, carvalho and ramsey who have never played in their academy as players from their academy.

They've named 10 players there from their "cradle of English football" 6 of them were bought in, most after making debuts elsewhere, 4 came through their academy and only 1 players regularly for them.

Bazunu, karius, Trippier, Mee, Tosin, larios, Lavia, Luiz, Sancho, Edozie, brooks, Iheanacho all currently playing in the Premier league having been with City at academy level. I've probably missed a few off and that's without even mentioning the ones actually playing for us already and the highly thought of kids out on loan,and then you've got the many more playing at top leagues in europe. That far eclipses anything the Liverpool academy have produced and we can't even stand up against what Chelsea's academy have churned out in recent times.

This is melwood? This is make believe.
The only part of that statement to be accurate is "lighting up"

And it doesn't relate to the league!

Oh yeah, Twitter is full of these types. They don't care about a club, they only care about certain players, usually Messi and Ronaldo, and they support whoever their fave plays for. What they'll do when their fave retires, I have no idea.
It's been going on for years. The old news forums were full of posters who had a list of six or more teams they supported. American forums seemed to be the worst, God knows who they supported when Bayern played Real Madrid.

It's been going on for years. The old news forums were full of posters who had a list of six or more teams they supported. American forums seemed to be the worst, God knows who they supported when Bayern played Real Madrid.
It's just totally bonkers, the whole of idea of supporting a player instead of a team? What sort of people are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.