Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah apologies mate, I didnt start it though :)
No worries, just annoys me when people dredge up political stuff, what ever Thatcher did or didn't do, or who ever was in power at the time, has no bearing on the football of today, Yes it could possibly trace back rivalries, but quite a lot of the posters on here are probably to young too even remember that stuff, sorry for the rant blue

I thought you were talking about Adamson & Hatchetts in Newton Hyde. I had a few mates at college who were apprentices there.
I was mate Dans hasn't been in Newton since 1860s, been in Dukinfield since.Bought Hatchetts in the 1960's, Joe Adamsons was in Hyde as a side note I was working in Irish rails factory in Dublin in the 90s and all the overhead cranes were built at Joes in 1911.

Never a fan of Thatcher, but she’s light years ahead of any of these cunts we’ve got now. Whichever way you look.
She did pull off the biggest con of all times, selling us something we already owned, funnily enough nearly all the money ended up in the hands of here friends eventually.

Why do these threads get overpowered with political stuff? Why not just stick to football?
Because scousers are a different breed of wanker and everyone has a story to tell about them to attest to it. The relevance to football: the fans from outside of that shithole, which lets face it are 99.9% of them, have no idea

Rugby League is a working class game though, was it never big in Manc then? Big teams across the north west and Yorkshire but you only seem to have Salford who don't lead the way in the same way your football clubs do.
Rugby league points up the difference between Lancs and Yorks. Football big traditionally in Lancs but relatively small in Yorks. Opposite for RL. Whatever Leeds FC say, Leeds is primarily a rugby city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.