Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of media coverage a about 'tragedy chanting ' a new term for me. I was just wondering why it has only raised it's head to this level fairly recently. I was also looking at which fans were claiming to be 'victim's of these events. Quite ironic that Liverpool fans seem to be creating this noise and are complaining about being the victims of a victim song!!!!!!

There is a lot of media coverage a about 'tragedy chanting ' a new term for me. I was just wondering why it has only raised it's head to this level fairly recently. I was also looking at which fans were claiming to be 'victim's of these events. Quite ironic that Liverpool fans seem to be creating this noise and are complaining about being the victims of a victim song!!!!!!
Liverpool, it's always fucking Liverpool.

The ultimate mard arses.

Going off thier recent performances, they have no chance against arsenal. They looked absolutely broken against us.
Compare their record at Anfield and away along with Arse's record at the shithole, and you'll realize they actually do. In fact, I'd be very surprised if Arse comes away with 3pts. Draw is very possible

Klopp is a poisoned chalice.

He’ll get you a measure of short-term success, as he has at all of his clubs, at the expense of long-term struggle, warning signs of the latter being hidden over several seasons by the cult following he builds. He is a deal with the devil.

As opposed to Pep, who gets you sustained success *and* sets up the club for further success (though, not quite the dominance, which you can only get with him specifically) after he leaves.

That attribute of Pep—creating a foundation for a club to do well without him, both on and off the pitch, as long as it appoints a competent manager to replace him—is arguably the most overlooked.

Despite their achievements whilst managing clubs—and you begrudgingly have to acknowledge them—continuity is absolutely not something most other supposedly “top” managers provide. Ferguson and Wenger didn’t (the former seemingly sabotaging the club to protect his legacy and the latter stubbornly overstaying his effectiveness to devastating effect). Mourinho famously doesn’t. Neither do Tuchel or Conte. Even Ancelotti does not guarantee a proper foundation post-departure. And you certainly don’t get that with Klopp; it’s the exact opposite basically everywhere he has managed.

Only Pep has consistently done it, after also providing success during his tenure. Some might argue that it is a small sample (Barca, Bayern, City) and that they are all big clubs with big apparatus behind them that supports their success beyond the manager. And that he hasn’t won the CL since leaving Barca.

But I would argue that actually makes what Pep has done even more difficult. Building a foundation is even more complicated at such high profile clubs. Sustaining it even more difficult. The CL, too, is a poor barometer, as it is both largely a crapshoot and also a very corrupt competition (see UEFA treatment of City and favouritism toward Real Madrid).

And, once more, City wasn’t at the level we are now when he arrived. We were good but not at Barca and Bayern’s level. He has helped to build us in to a juggernaut, even despite our missing out on CL glory thus far. We are now truly a top, top club, attracting the best young players in the world, and that will persist even after he goes (hopefully not for some time, mind).

Pep is the holy grail.

Klopp is one of the other cups in the manager talent crypt and now Liverpool are realising the consequences.

CreativeBrownCrustacean-size_restricted.gif
A lot of good managers can move in, shake things up and win stuff for a couple of years. Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel, etc etc all guys who have done this.

It takes a very special breed of manager to continually reinvent the same club, build several teams and continue to motivate players over years and years.

How many managers in the modern era have achieved that? Pep, bacon chops, maybe Wenger?

Klopp is clearly a good manager and a brilliant short term motivator but he’s not dining at that top table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.