Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't look right, do they?

Midfield doesn't exist, so they are easily countered at the moment. Looks like teams have figured out how to pin Alexander-Arnold and Robertson back. They're currently sacrificing Salah on the wong, who doesn't look at his best, to get that new number 9 in, but who isn't getting the service from their wingbacks. Their press looked a bit lazy and missing Mane more than anything.

2 wins, and even then they were lucky in one of those.

The only positives for them are they've played United and Everton away and they have some players to come back, but I don't think teams will be terrified of them if they continue to play like that.

Early days yet. Still plenty of time for them to get their act together. But so far this season is reminding me of the year after they won the league. Just don’t seem to have quite the same energy and drive. You can play well and not win but from what I’ve seen it’s only really the Bournemouth gimme that they’ve looked anything like a convincing side.

Not enough rest between Wednesday’s game not finishing ‘till about midnight and lunchtime kick off today.

And a bit of a thinly disguised dig at Everton for trying harder against them than anyone else.

It tends to be the case that everyone plays out of their skin against you when you’re Quadruple holders tbf.

Early days yet. Still plenty of time for them to get their act together. But so far this season is reminding me of the year after they won the league. Just don’t seem to have been taking the same PEDS. You can play well and not win but from what I’ve seen it’s only really the Bournemouth gimme that they’ve looked anything like a convincing side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.