Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted, but there's an interesting visual timeline of the problems at the Champions League final. I know many on here will have no sympathy, and, yes, fake tickets would have been one contributing factor, but it looks pretty grim, and in no way adequate for the amount of fans coming through.

I'd recommend watching, and at least trying to be objective, and considering whether the average Liverpool fan in that queue could have done much to avoid the situation.

I got bored reading it so can I ask a couple of questions?

Did it mention how many fans didn’t get in?

Did it mention if there were any empty seats in the stadium due to fans not getting in?

If no empty seats it investigate why there was none?

Did it mention if there were any empty seats in the stadium due to fans not getting in?

Love this. Got bored reading it! haha

Did it ask why red fans could clearly be seen sitting on the stairwells as no seats were available?

Did it ask why red fans could clearly be seen sitting on the stairwells as no seats were available?

Exactly, so add the amount who didn’t get in then add the amount in the stairwells & ask yourself if those people weren’t there would the tunnel be overly congested?

Then imagine the fans arriving swipe & the turnstiles allow you access so that there is a continuous flow of movement.

Then is it possible those in the seats & stairwells had fake tickets?

Anfield, not in England, hasn't been shortlisted as 1 of the English stadiums for the 2028 Euros.

The Etihad is on the shortlist.

Pretty damning on the French Authorities and UEFA, sounds like an horrific experience for fans.

However the below excerpts don't help the article:

French ministers talked of Liverpool supporters as having been a major hooligan threat, contrary to the Merseyside police intelligence.

Merseyside police in pre-match intelligence are understood to have raised fake tickets as a likely issue, while also saying Liverpool supporters are very well behaved at European matches

Pretty damning on the French Authorities and UEFA, sounds like an horrific experience for fans.

However the below excerpts don't help the article:

French ministers talked of Liverpool supporters as having been a major hooligan threat, contrary to the Merseyside police intelligence.

Merseyside police in pre-match intelligence are understood to have raised fake tickets as a likely issue, while also saying Liverpool supporters are very well behaved at European matches

It's not a leap of faith to believe that Liverpool fans were what they usually are. However the gangs that the French police turned a blind eye to were disgusting.

That being said I have little to no sympathy for a set of fans who cause so much distress where they go.

Having worked in FMCG for over 20 years I can tell you that 1600 fake tickets would cause an issue. Unlike a part being rejected on a production line & into a bin to allow the continuous flow. You now have the ticket holder refusing to move & stopping others entering. Now multiply this 1600 times & you’ve got chaos. You’ve got the 1600 waiting & refusing to move & causing problems for those arriving. Everyday you see from traffic incidents what happens when the continuous flow is obstructed.

Now I’m sure this is where the LFC fans & journalists immediately blame the organisation for not being able to control this.

I would imagine built into is an error rate of probably 0.5 - 1%, maybe allowing 150 out of 15000 having an issue. When the dippers arrived it’s over 10% plus jibbers.

Shortly after I took my son to a rugby union international at the Optus stadium in Perth & he said you could sneak in, what’s stopping the problems at the champs league final? My answer was society works by the vast majority doing the right thing.

We don’t have 1 steward for each ticket, we don’t have overflow the size of the stadium, we don’t have 3 hard shoulders on the motorway for breakdowns.

I’m sure the policing & stewarding could have been better but ffs will they for once take partial responsibility for the problems they cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.