Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share I won’t go there
whoever Cityfan2 on Rawk is deserves a medal, for services to scouse piss boiling and making glory hunters who attend a maximum of 2 games a season froth at the gob.
He is referring to this post that caused proper frothing on that asylum:

Quote from: Cityfan2 on September 20, 2022, 05:48:45 pm
Just wondering if one of you could help answer a few questions.

1. How do you actually know City are cheats? Accounts have been forensically audited probably more than any other club due to a relentless campaign by the "old money" clubs and other than a sanction in 2014 when the rules were new, they have not been found to be in breach of any FFP rules since then and the highest court in sport found in City's favour. Since then countless other clubs have been sanctioned for FFP breaches a lot more recently without being relentlessly called cheats.

2. What makes you think City are state owned? A check of Company House records shows that it is around 76% owned by a company that is privately held by Sheikh Mansour in a personal capacity. The other 24% is split between Chinese and American investors.

3. Why is it a problem being owned by a foreign investor from the UAE albeit by a member of the government acting in a personal capacity? I recall in 2009 many Liverpool fans pleading to be taken over by the Dubai Investment Company which was wholly owned by Sheikh Makhtoum, the ruler of Dubai.

4. Why is it assumed that the owners are sportswashing? The owners have made a total investment of around £2bn including the purchase of the club since 2008 and have recouped around £1bn with the sale of around 25% of it to the Chinese and American investors which means a net investment of around £1bn. However the club has now been independently valued at around £4bn which means the original £1bn investment is now worth £3bn. Doesn't seem like bad business to me. Why would Chinese and American investors buy into a club if they didn't think they would make money?

5. Why do people think that City have distorted the transfer market? City only have one player in the top 20 most expensive transfers list and that's at number 6.

There's plenty more questions but I'll leave it there for now.

Think he was quickly banned and posts deleted - they do not tolerate objectivity and commonsense interrupting their victimhood narrative

Not sure if this has been posted, but there's an interesting visual timeline of the problems at the Champions League final. I know many on here will have no sympathy, and, yes, fake tickets would have been one contributing factor, but it looks pretty grim, and in no way adequate for the amount of fans coming through.

I'd recommend watching, and at least trying to be objective, and considering whether the average Liverpool fan in that queue could have done much to avoid the situation.

What a load of bollox.
Read it out loud with a Scouse accent and you'll get a distinct sense of victimhood
Meanwhile, at the other end of the ground the Madrid fans are being treated like foreign royalty by the French authorities.

In the pantheon of wondrous words, this RAWK statement may stand astride Mount Olympus as a true colossus:

These fans are so far gone now. 14 years of sportswashing has removed all sense of reality. There isn't a fanbase that comes close to how deluded they are.
It would be interesting to hear exactly what delusions we are suffering from. Most City fans I know understand that sport is a cyclic thing and at the moment are are near the top of the cycle, eventually things will change and we will be mediocre again, just how far we will fall remains to be seen. That doesn't sound like being deluded to me. I still have my inflatable banana for when those days return.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to hear exactly what delusions were are suffering from. Most City fans I know understand that sport is a cyclic thing and at the moment are are near the top of the cycle, eventually things will change and we will be mediocre again, just how far we will fall remains to be seen. That doesn't sound like being deluded to me. I still have my inflatable banana for when those days return.
I never realised until I read that thread that we have all as individual fans been sports washed. I always thought it was just the club or the media. I'm not sure how I feel about being sports washed without my consent, or when it happened. I get the feeling from that thread that we get sports washed everytime Liverpool don't win?

Reasonable debate, was it really deleted?
Loved the "no mark club from manchester" comment in one of the replies :-)
It's like we were formed in 2008 and didn't exist before that......even though we were still in the top 20 highest revenue clubs even before the takeover, it's not as if we were turning over peanuts before the takeover. Fucking bitter clueless sheep most other fans.....

Loved the "no mark club from manchester" comment in one of the replies :-)
It's like we were formed in 2008 and didn't exist before that......even though we were still in the top 20 highest revenue clubs even before the takeover, it's not as if we were turning over peanuts before the takeover. Fucking bitter clueless sheep most other fans.....

& bigger average attendances than the Dippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.