Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are going to win the UCL, the night it happens, i'm going to go to RAWK and furiously pleasure myself pressing next page... next page... next page.

Tough time coming for them, and the desperation, hatred and small mindedness are a thing to marvel at.

It would be interesting to hear exactly what delusions we are suffering from. Most City fans I know understand that sport is a cyclic thing and at the moment are are near the top of the cycle, eventually things will change and we will be mediocre again, just how far we will fall remains to be seen. That doesn't sound like being deluded to me. I still have my inflatable banana for when those days return.
Exactly. Just got to enjoy it while it lasts.

When Pep leaves I fully expect us to be in the top 4 battle and win the league every couple of years. I’ll be delighted with that.

I never realised until I read that thread that we have all as individual fans been sports washed. I always thought it was just the club or the media. I'm not sure how I feel about being sports washed without my consent, or when it happened. I get the feeling from that thread that we get sports washed everytime Liverpool don't win?
Bad cheats are City, just like Everton and other teams. We should have climbed that hill in the true way, the fair way, the Shanks way, the way king kenny would have, the ..oh no, me head is starting to hurt

Last edited:
I live only seven miles away but don't go to Blackpool very often. Anyway I went there a couple of week's back just for a potter about. It was great. The sun was shining, the tide was in, the prom was packed. I have been in hospital a lot recently (better now) so it was just nice to chill out in the sun There were lots of families, lots of City shirts (did not see one United top all day), everyone was smiling, what's not to like. I know it is a different story after dark but Blackpool gets a lot of unfair criticism in my view. Lytham is even better but a lot posher.
If Yates is still going, all is well with the world.

Having worked in FMCG for over 20 years I can tell you that 1600 fake tickets would cause an issue. Unlike a part being rejected on a production line & into a bin to allow the continuous flow. You now have the ticket holder refusing to move & stopping others entering. Now multiply this 1600 times & you’ve got chaos. You’ve got the 1600 waiting & refusing to move & causing problems for those arriving. Everyday you see from traffic incidents what happens when the continuous flow is obstructed.

Now I’m sure this is where the LFC fans & journalists immediately blame the organisation for not being able to control this.

I would imagine built into is an error rate of probably 0.5 - 1%, maybe allowing 150 out of 15000 having an issue. When the dippers arrived it’s over 10% plus jibbers.

Shortly after I took my son to a rugby union international at the Optus stadium in Perth & he said you could sneak in, what’s stopping the problems at the champs league final? My answer was society works by the vast majority doing the right thing.

We don’t have 1 steward for each ticket, we don’t have overflow the size of the stadium, we don’t have 3 hard shoulders on the motorway for breakdowns.

I’m sure the policing & stewarding could have been better but ffs will they for once take partial responsibility for the problems they cause.
I am certain that 10% fake tickets would cause a problem, but if you look at the article, there was clearly always going to be problems.

You've got fans being funnelled into ever narrower spaces, and by the time they get to the ticket check, there are five lines checking bags then tickets and if there's a problem you're trying to send people backwards through the same space.

That's similar to the security lines at one entrance at the Etihad, and they're easily spread out enough to deal with issues.

It's a system that would break down whatever the situation - and even with 10% fakes, that's 90% with legit tickets. If this situation had happened to you, do you think you'd be wanting to accept responsibility on a personal level for other fans being scumbags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.