Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve missed the point I said that the system is probably designed for 0.5-1% not 10%.

I tell you what I’d do is call out the cunts for spoiling possibly the greatest night of my life.

Has anyone been brought to task for using a fake ticket? Will scousers use fake tickets again? Will they say we need to hold uefa, the French to task but we urgently need assistance with ridding fake tickets from our fan base to reduce the risk of this occurring.

It’s always fucking them.
I haven't missed your point at all - that system doesn't look like it was designed even for things to go perfectly. Half the changes they made were due to problems they'd had at previous events. If you head to the end you'll see they had plenty of empty ticket/security checks on the route that they'd actually guided people away from.

Someone on this thread has just suggested that the Merseyside police did ask them to prepare for fake tickets, rather than fan violence, so it sounds like they agreed with you.

When I first read about the situation, and saw the issues with fake tickets, and the people bragging about jibbing in, I was surprised that more Liverpool fans weren't calling them out, and I felt the same as you - if 10% of tickets were fake that fucks things up massively, but I genuinely can't see how the system they used deals with any problems at all. Look at the bag/ticket check, and ask yourself where even 150 people with fake tickets, or all the people who had bags the wrong size etc. would have gone. No-one was heading back through that crowd, as it was only going to get more compressed.

I'm suggesting that if that had happened to you, your first thought would not be to say "I accept blame because some fans of my club are scumbags and bought fake tickets". I might be angry and call people out about it, but frankly, I don't see how anyone can read through that article, look at those pictures, and say that the fans who were stuck would argue that the main thing that went wrong was fans with no tickets.

A wee bit of improvements needed.
Great place on a sunny day but looks a state when you look closely at the side of the pier.
Love sitting on a bench looking out to the sea on a sunny day in the Northern area.
Fleetwood and Cleveleys like strolling about as well.
Meant more the atmosphere, sat there with a drink. Prefer going Rhos, Llandudno etc but still visit there

I haven't missed your point at all - that system doesn't look like it was designed even for things to go perfectly. Half the changes they made were due to problems they'd had at previous events. If you head to the end you'll see they had plenty of empty ticket/security checks on the route that they'd actually guided people away from.

Someone on this thread has just suggested that the Merseyside police did ask them to prepare for fake tickets, rather than fan violence, so it sounds like they agreed with you.

When I first read about the situation, and saw the issues with fake tickets, and the people bragging about jibbing in, I was surprised that more Liverpool fans weren't calling them out, and I felt the same as you - if 10% of tickets were fake that fucks things up massively, but I genuinely can't see how the system they used deals with any problems at all. Look at the bag/ticket check, and ask yourself where even 150 people with fake tickets, or all the people who had bags the wrong size etc. would have gone. No-one was heading back through that crowd, as it was only going to get more compressed.

I'm suggesting that if that had happened to you, your first thought would not be to say "I accept blame because some fans of my club are scumbags and bought fake tickets". I might be angry and call people out about it, but frankly, I don't see how anyone can read through that article, look at those pictures, and say that the fans who were stuck would argue that the main thing that went wrong was fans with no tickets.

I believe they could cope with 150 as hey had 10x times that.
If it happened to me I’d be saying I want to know who sat in my seat & how were they allowed?

I might be angry and call people out about it, but frankly, I don't see how anyone can read through that article, look at those pictures, and say that the fans who were stuck would argue that the main thing that went wrong was fans with no tickets.
Maybe not the main thing but certainly a significant contributory factor. Seems like there's a level of scousewashing by omission in that article even if the rest of it is fairly accurate.

Oh dear, I don't think the dippers like us, never mind let's talk about gardening for a change.!
Thats wonderful, I admit I had let my garden go abit and so had to get someone in to sort it out. Some new beds dug out, some nice buxus and some heathers to go inbetween. Alot tidier now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.