Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question. Was the league ever slagged off for being too one sided when the Rags were hoovering up 6 out of 8?
I don't recall so.
The pundits used to say, " the top 4 (rags,arse,dips and chavs) will always be the top 4".
I used to think, "oh no they firkin won't!, one day City will be top dogs".
I had no idea how we were going to do it in those days though.
The cartel seemed set and it was very depressing.
Most English football supporters (barring fans of the 'big 4' of course) were genuinely pleased when City won the league, because it gave them hope that they might get to the top one day. (e.g. Leicester).
When it became clear that, 'ickle City', that 'joke of a club', were looking like they weren't going away, something had to be done.
We were slagged off by the media ' the money club' etc.
Villa fans (and others) bought into this, Villa fans waving wads of fake banknotes at GazBaz. There were things like the protracted Joleon Lescott transfer, Tevez 'welcome to Manchester', we had begun to make an impact and the cartel weren't happy. Players now wanted to come to us. (eg Spanish Dave).
How could City be stopped? They must be stopped!
So Gill and others came up with FFP to try and prevent our owners spending THEIR OWN money! As if no other club had been bankrolled ever! ( dippers/Moores, Blackburn/Walker) spring to mind.
I am so proud of this club, where we are, how we got here and where we are headed.
As others have said, "enjoy the ride!"
It can't last. (Or can it...?)

They’re absolutely mental.

View attachment 57924

I've said this before but they're genuinely unhinged. They refuse to accept that Manchester City are just simply better than their beloved Liverpool and it drives them to despair.

They want to believe they're more pure and more authentic, but it makes them look like a cult. They're broken, we've broken them. They've dreamed of having years of sustained success but unfortunately, there's a team, a coach and a club that have been consistently better than them this past five/six years.

It must hurt, but that's life. They just can't accept that a team are better than them. If it wasn't for City and Guardiola, they'd have more than one Premier League title, but they don't and it kills them. This is why you see deranged posts about how Klopp can't compete despite simultaneously having to best goalkeeper, right back, centre back, left back and front three. All that nonsense does it highlight how much a better coach Pep is than Klopp. He wins trophies more consistently with inferior players.

I've said this before but they're genuinely unhinged. They refuse to accept that Manchester City are just simply better than their beloved Liverpool and it drives them to despair.

They want to believe they're more pure and more authentic, but it makes them look like a cult. They're broken, we've broken them. They've dreamed of having years of sustained success but unfortunately, there's a team, a coach and a club that have been consistently better than them this past five/six years.

It must hurt, but that's life. They just can't accept that a team are better than them. If it wasn't for City and Guardiola, they'd have more than one Premier League title, but they don't and it kills them. This is why you see deranged posts about how Klopp can't compete despite simultaneously having to best goalkeeper, right back, centre back, left back and front three. All that nonsense does it highlight how much a better coach Pep is than Klopp. He wins trophies more consistently with inferior players.

We’ve been better than them for over a decade, they’ve only finished above us once in the league in the last ten years and that’s when they’ve won it. For a team that calls themselves saviours of football and it would be a farmers league without Liverpool, Chelsea have won a lot more than Liverpool have over the last decade. You don’t see their fan base telling everyone how they’ve saved football and how rotten and corrupt football is because they aren’t top of the league.

Last edited:
Diaz out till after the World Cup but needs no surgery so what keeps a player out for that long and not needing surgery?

We’ve been better than them for over a decade, they’ve only finished above us once in the league in the last ten years and that’s when they’ve won it. For a team that calls themselves saviours of football and it would be a farmers league without Liverpool, Chelsea have won a lot more than Liverpool have. You don’t see their fan base telling everyone how they’ve saved football and how rotten and corrupt football is because they aren’t top of the league.
To be fair Chelsea fans are too busy fighting and practicing monkey chants.

Diaz out till after the World Cup but needs no surgery so what keeps a player out for that long and not needing surgery?
Meniscus tear? I'm not sure but I think I remember some of our players having similar injuries and being out for around 6 weeks.

A big blow for them with the 'style' of football they choose to play. Nobody in their team hunts and chases long balls like Diaz.

Dunno if this has been posted already and apologies for the annoying fucker who is "hosting" with that whiney voice but this is a joy to watch

12 minutes of some scouser sat in a bedsit in front of a shitty flag sellotaped to the wall?

It’s like one of those ISIS videos but even more deranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.