Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fascinating game to watch last night. Leeds played them at their own game, getting the ball forward as quickly as possible utilising youth and pace.

Liverpool haven't become a bad team all of a sudden. Meslier had the game of his life in goal but I guess it's fair to say Leeds were a bit unlucky too. They miss Mane a lot. His pace, power, workrate and goals. I hope we keep the gap over them because when they get their injured players back and/if Nunez suddenly starts scoring they're more than capable of putting a good run together. I do hope they've peaked and are on the slide but I fear we could be celebrating a bit prematurely.
You forgot to add "when they start getting even more decisions going their way".
The Premier league won't have us fans laughing at Klopp and his team for long, they'll make sure they end up going on an amazing run.
It's great for their product remember

The elephant in the room is they sold Mane, who would get them goals when they were up against it.

Instead, they wrongly gave £400k a week to Salah, rather than cash in on him at the final opportunity to do so.

They ignored Mane's contractual situation for too long.

Fabinho is also nowhere near the player he was hyped up to be, and also ignored Wijnaldum and saw him walk.

Milner, Henderson, Thiago?

They are over the hill.

They can't afford Bellingham and other players.

Definitely not.

He’s far past his best and I wouldn’t have him before any of our five senior centre-backs.

Additionally, he’s a fucking wanker. I remember years ago, he claimed that Littlewoods had the squad to compete in all competitions.

I don’t think they won any of them.
But did they compete in them ? ;-)

Klopp's going nowhere. It's a blip. No way will FSG let him go. He's done an awesome job there an let's face it, but for us they'd have won a few more titles. Someone done a great post about them being broken as they've had to hang on to our coat tails - that's bang on. They were fucking desperately close to winning all 4 trophies last season.

He's there for a good while yet - maybe back to back seasons out of the CL given the loss of money??

You forgot to add "when they start getting even more decisions going their way".
The Premier league won't have us fans laughing at Klopp and his team for long, they'll make sure they end up going on an amazing run.
It's great for their product remember

They won't mind as much as the rags and Arsenal are having a bit of a resurgence.

The elephant in the room is they sold Mane, who would get them goals when they were up against it.

Instead, they wrongly gave £400k a week to Salah, rather than cash in on him at the final opportunity to do so.

They ignored Mane's contractual situation for too long.

Fabinho is also nowhere near the player he was hyped up to be, and also ignored Wijnaldum and saw him walk.

Milner, Henderson, Thiago?

They are over the hill.

They can't afford Bellingham and other players.
Mane also never stopped running and created oodles of space for Salah, which seems to have been overlooked. Not only that, he had a nasty streak which certainly helped as well. All they’ve got is a Usain Bolt wannabe that shoots every time he sees the goal and an Egyptian grinning assassin who’s forgotten to take his ammunition to the fight. Mind you, if I’d conned them out of £400k a week I’d be laughing most weeks as well…..

Klopp's going nowhere. It's a blip. No way will FSG let him go. He's done an awesome job there an let's face it, but for us they'd have won a few more titles. Someone done a great post about them being broken as they've had to hang on to our coat tails - that's bang on. They were fucking desperately close to winning all 4 trophies last season.

He's there for a good while yet - maybe back to back seasons out of the CL given the loss of money??

Agree re Klopp's ability as a coach but, one or two things fell into place for him at Liverpool that won't be repeated easily - no one is paying circa 160m for one of his midfield - which funded a transfer splurge - and you wonder how much FSG will make available if they miss the top 4 ?

You have to laugh at klopp bemoaning the fact that he can't play a settled side week in week out.

Er? Excuse me. Didn't he play near enough the same 11 for nearly two years, nobody got injured and they played the full 90, every week and at full tilt too?

He needs to come to terms with the fact he's ran this squad into the ground and they are out of juice..

Oh and they're absolutely wank as well.

Tut tut tut tut, how can the best team in England, with the best manager, and the best centre back, and the best goalkeeper, and best forward, with the best right back and best left back, not be top of the league leaving everyone in their wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.