Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Liverpool thought bank is some funny reading, can’t understand why other teams supporters hate Liverpool so much and that they should be thanking Liverpool for keeping it competitive over the last four years. Seems to have a blind spot or likes to forget the actions that got English teams banned from Europe. Crying about spending and the league being a farmers league, I didn’t hear anyone crying about that when Liverpool won the league every year in the 80s and could spend what they liked bringing in John Barnes and Peter Beardsley with their pools money.

Looking at the league at the moment it is close and a lot of teams are getting their act together. Liverpool have a fight on their hands to get top four. Lovely stuff.
I would be happy about other teams keeping it competitive, like Arsenal, but Liverpool? Fuck no. If City didn't exist, they'd be winning the league every season and they know it.

Piggy backed on our success and the media constantly telling us that between us we’d won the league title for the last 5 seasons ..
Won't be long before we have shared it for the last 6 seasons.

The ever-excellent Swiss Ramble has tweeted a thread regards net spend over the last year 5 years. Would you believe Liverpool have a higher net spend than us in that time period? I suppose when you've been indoctrinated to believe that Big Bad City are the only thing stopping you competing, little things like empirical figures are best ignored.

They are the biggest bunch of hypocrites walking the face of the Earth.

I would be happy about other teams keeping it competitive, like Arsenal, but Liverpool? Fuck no. If City didn't exist, they'd be winning the league every season and they know it.
And that seems to be the gripe about us, they would have won it if it were for us, but because they haven't the league is uncompetitive as 1 team as won 4 out of 5. I bet if they had pipped us and it was 3/5 for them they would not be saying the league is rubbish, they would be saying that they are the best team anyone has ever seen and it should be lauded!

Is it me or is Thiago the most overrated player in the league
Neat and tidy bit does not create or score any goals
all I see him do is foul someone, argue about it, put both hands on the air and get away with it
Take salah out they have nothing left.
He’s neat, tidy and has technical quality no doubt. But he’s hardly dynamic, no goal threat as you say and is making them wide open defensively…..

And that seems to be the gripe about us, they would have won it if it were for us, but because they haven't the league is uncompetitive as 1 team as won 4 out of 5. I bet if they had pipped us and it was 3/5 for them they would not be saying the league is rubbish, they would be saying that they are the best team anyone has ever seen and it should be lauded!
It's such a bizarre way of looking at it.

Arsenal would have won 8 titles in a row if it wasn't for that pesky Man United.

Of course, if wasn't for Arsenal and United, Liverpool would have won 3 of those titles.

And if it wasn't for ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.