Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won the Manchester cup on saturday thats it lol. They always raise there game against us and chelsea and thats all they will do most seasons. Imagine if they played like that every game they might actually win something. They're nothing of a team and will finish 5th or 6th BUT will be superheroes to the thick scousers because they win the chelsea and manchester cups!

This.

I wasn't that convinced, they got a fortunate first goal, but Klopp then went for the jugular and it worked, and we were utter dross.

Swansea H, and Southampton A to come, after Bordeaux in the EL, a game they need to win, and should.

I thought they played very well but we didn't help ourselves. I stand by my comment that Klopp could well be a game-changer for them, although what might hold them back is the overall quality of their squad.

I do wonder why we struggle so often against teams that press though - Saturday's line-up didn't help of course but am I being simplistic in thinking that a team that presses leaves gaps behind that players of the quality we have should be able to exploit?

I thought they played very well but we didn't help ourselves. I stand by my comment that Klopp could well be a game-changer for them, although what might hold them back is the overall quality of their squad.

I do wonder why we struggle so often against teams that press though - Saturday's line-up didn't help of course but am I being simplistic in thinking that a team that presses leaves gaps behind that players of the quality we have should be able to exploit?
If we win the first tackle (or even the second) then there's opportunity to break quickly and expose the spaces. Unfortunately we were nowhere near the first/second or even third tackles on Saturday. This meant the opposite happened, once the midfield were bypassed the back four were up against it. It just so happened our back four were having the worse collective game I've seen for years!

It's here
liv5.jpg

If we win the first tackle (or even the second) then there's opportunity to break quickly and expose the spaces. Unfortunately we were nowhere near the first/second or even third tackles on Saturday. This meant the opposite happened, once the midfield were bypassed the back four were up against it. It just so happened our back four were having the worse collective game I've seen for years!
As much as Liverpool were good on Saturday, the goals came from our mistakes. The first was Sagna losing the ball when put under the slightest pressure and Mangala making a horrible mess of his clearance. The second came after we'd had three players fail to get to the ball or put in a tackle under little pressure and the third came after we had a number of chances to win the ball in their half but screwed up, allowing Milner to win a ball he had no right to win and break away. And to add to the problems for that goal, Sagna had no idea where his man was. For the last one, there were five or six players near Skrtel and not one of them made an effort to close him down.

It annoyed me intensely that two players would stand and watch the ball, both of whom could have got to it, while a Liverpool player showed the desire to win it. They were even winning balls which should have been 60/40 in our favour.

As much as Liverpool were good on Saturday, the goals came from our mistakes. The first was Sagna losing the ball when put under the slightest pressure and Mangala making a horrible mess of his clearance. The second came after we'd had three players fail to get to the ball or put in a tackle under little pressure and the third came after we had a number of chances to win the ball in their half but screwed up, allowing Milner to win a ball he had no right to win and break away. And to add to the problems for that goal, Sagna had no idea where his man was. For the last one, there were five or six players near Skrtel and not one of them made an effort to close him down.

It annoyed me intensely that two players would stand and watch the ball, both of whom could have got to it, while a Liverpool player showed the desire to win it. They were even winning balls which should have been 60/40 in our favour.
Pretty much how I saw it.

All of a sudden Liverpool are playing like an "english Barcelona" (that was one comment i have received in work this morning)..
and when i have tried to put across how our set up worked in their favour and how errors contributed to their goals i was ridiculed as being a sore loser.

"face facts, you were shit, we were amazing and we didnt even play with a striker"

my facebook page was inundated by liverpool fans this weekend. Its been relentless. This year really is their year after slamming us it seems.

ive had more shit over this result than any of the united wins over the years. Where have these liverpool fans been hiding??

Im going to bite my tongue but "i would love it... love it" if we won the league this year so i can ram those words from this weekend down their fucking arrogant throats.

They got it right..we got it badly wrong...how many thought it was gonna be 'their year' AGAIN before the game? They will probably struggle against Swansea now their final is won....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.