Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all you say but when it comes to us the only thing imo which has hampered our season, and will continue to do so and make me doubt if we'll win the league is the vast amount of injuries we have got, and will keep on getting through the season.

Agreed, impacted further by those injured being our best players.

But going forward to the seasons ahead, I'm convinced we have the brightest future of all. We are free of FFP, we should start seeing the investment in CFA coming to fruit, and if we can get our act together in Europe then the world is our oyster. Bloody hell, I think someone has taken over my thoughts as I'm normally the most pessimistic person going!!!

They watched their team tear apart the league favourites on their home turf after selling us their best prospect.
I don't blame the fans for milking it.
I bailed on 88 minutes on Saturday because I had to get back to work and I'll tell you something, walking behind the SS and hearing Liverpool songs belting out loud and proud was fucking sickening.
Football is all about days like Saturday. One set of fans are happy as fucking Larry whilst the other set are dejected. Sadly it was our turn for the latter this time around.
100% agree.
Hurts like hell, but vice versa...?

Agreed, impacted further by those injured being our best players.

But going forward to the seasons ahead, I'm convinced we have the brightest future of all. We are free of FFP, we should start seeing the investment in CFA coming to fruit, and if we can get our act together in Europe then the world is our oyster. Bloody hell, I think someone has taken over my thoughts as I'm normally the most pessimistic person going!!!
See I'm usually the other way round! I'm always optimist we'll do well especially after a loss, but I don't know what it is I just can't shake that defeat/performance off?! Maybe a decent show and win tomorrow will put my mind at ease.

Well we might as well all give up now that Klopp is here - according to some.

Let the dippers crow, let them start thinking they're going to win the league forever and ever. Let's see how they handle it when the expectations soar - when they will be expected to win the league as a minimum. This season is an absolute free hit for Klopp - no one expects him to win the league, so if he does, wow, if he doesn't, no big deal. But next season, well that will be a whole new ball game.

...and for those who think City, Rags, Arsenal, Spurs (who look terrific at the moment) and Chelsea are just going to stand aside to avoid being trampled by Klopp's march to glory - well they might just be in for a bit of a shock.

As an aside, I think City are only just at the start of their planned journey - the fireworks have'nt even been lit yet.

Not at all mate - but he is a fantastic manager and it's wishful thinking that he won't improve them substantially IMO. Given their current standing in the game, Liverpool are very lucky to have got him.

On the flip side, the strength in depth of this league is something that he won't have experienced in Germany - while no-one is as good as Bayern, every team is capable of beating each other on their day.

I'm not in the least bit worried about our long-term future but we got a glimpse a couple of seasons ago as to what to expect from the fawning media should Liverpool ever win the league and we won't hear the last of it if it happens!

Not at all mate - but he is a fantastic manager and it's wishful thinking that he won't improve them substantially IMO. Given their current standing in the game, Liverpool are very lucky to have got him.

On the flip side, the strength in depth of this league is something that he won't have experienced in Germany - while no-one is as good as Bayern, every team is capable of beating each other on their day.

I'm not in the least bit worried about our long-term future but we got a glimpse a couple of seasons ago as to what to expect from the fawning media should Liverpool ever win the league and we won't hear the last of it if it happens!
Wasn't aimed at you mate.

As someone who lives in Liverpool, it"s been a tough few days. It's been Klopp this, and Klopp that. Like you I admire the guy, but it's beginning to grate.

See I'm usually the other way round! I'm always optimist we'll do well especially after a loss, but I don't know what it is I just can't shake that defeat/performance off?! Maybe a decent show and win tomorrow will put my mind at ease.
I think it was the shocking manner of that defeat that I can't shake off. Never seen us be so meek at home - even when Dortmund & Bayern were running rings around us, we showed the resilience to hang on. On Saturday we showed nothing.

After suffering the purgatory of the Villa game, Saturday's match made me think I was watching two teams heading in opposite directions.

Liverpool have every right to crow after they dismantled a dismal City team.

The Liverpool medias reaction since Saturday has been frankly embarrassing.

They were up for the game in the same way Everton sometimes get up for games against us and they beat us on the day fair and square.

The fact they are so giddy about 3pts against us shows how far we have gone past them and the fact they are now a club that can only hope to take a few scalps rather than actually compete for anything.

We are on another planet and on another day with the right team and fit squad they'd have taken a hiding at our place but Saturday was not that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.