Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a mooch on RAWK and they are way over-giddy.... Most of them need to calm down lah'

Just looking at ther upcoming fixtures in the league... Spurs (a) Southampton then Chelsea (a)
Fair enough Chelsea have been dogshit but I can see them stepping up against Klopp.
Spurs did us over and Southampton ripped up Chelsea so can I see Klopp rolling in and just annihiliating everything straight away?
No.

if he does then full respect to the guy, but they ain't winning the league this season.
Maybe the Europa League, if he fields a strong team?

Quality manager, but I wouldn't be expecting anything positive right now if I was a Scouser.

More proof that the problem is not the transfer committee, but that 1. Apparently they weren't in league with Rodgers (himself part of the committee) and that 2. Rodgers probably needed a committee and none of the players that drove 2013-14 were players Rodgers wanted or was initially super-keen on.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/10/liverpool-need-to-stay-out-of-the-dark-ages/

Those Rodgers brought in – the deals he drove – have been well below what I’d expect based on my extensive analysis of the past 23 years of Premier League activity. To my mind, this is where he made his big mistakes, and why he’s no longer Liverpool manager. Had he got his signings right, his tactical issues wouldn’t have been of a concern.

The great team Rodgers “formed” in 2013/14 revolved around players he inherited or who were brought to the club by the committee. He shaped the team perfectly. But he did not buy the players. And he was “lucky” to have Sturridge and Henderson, in that he didn’t initially want either.

Not one single key player was bought by Rodgers, and with up to ten of the club’s signings driven by him these past three years, that fact remains true today. Joe Allen is his best buy, and he’s been mixed at best. I like Allen, but he’s not made much of an impact – Liverpool could have lived without him. The same applies to all of Rodgers’ own buys.

In contrast, Jurgen Klopp is happy to work with the players given to him. He doesn’t get involved. He knows his strengths.

And while Rodgers has many strengths, which I defended, spotting a player doesn’t appear to have been one of them. After a few weeks spent working with Jordan Henderson he wanted to swap him for Clint Dempsey, a player on the verge of decline, for about £5m. He didn’t want Daniel Sturridge in 2012, something I found bizarre at the time. He has flip-flopped on Lucas Leiva, and made various other calls that don’t shed a good light on his judgement. I like that he was able to change his mind on players; but his initial impressions were often wayward.

And he wanted to buy some truly mediocre players whom the club had to veto (and while I understand the unease at vetoing a manager’s wishes, Rodgers was never going to be allowed to run the whole show – something only Arsene Wenger does in the modern game, and he has earned the right to retain that power. Jose Mourinho doesn’t run the whole show at Chelsea).​

Give it a few weeks and they'll be on their phones telling the world his tactics are wrong and he isn't good enough for them.

He'll do a good job for them. I think he will be their first manager in ages that won't give a toss about "the Liverpool way" or any of that bollocks. He will come in, do things his way, and I think he'll get them top 4 but I doubt he'll win them the league.
The "Liverpool Way" doesn't exist. It's a made up concept like "the untied way" or "the Arsenal way". It's there to make the fans think their football club is something different when they aren't. - The rest of the bollox about character, clsss etc will be written on his notes for every presser.

Unfortunately the Dippers now have a manager that is top top drawer and will make them far better than when Brenda was in charge.

For those that play draughts we've been "huffed" I'm afraid, as we still have Pelligrini in charge.

The next three years will be interesting, lets hope we have an ace or two up our sleeve.
Seriously, is this a 'clarkie'?

A couple of things to consider, will they finish in top 4 with this squad, will they be able to attract top world class if they dont, will Klopp be able to fit in to the prem, i like Klopp think he is different but is he top top draw we will have to wait and see, its started allready it will be our year next year.

I really don't like Liverpool nowadays for all the reasons that have been covered on this thread, and I'm a bit gutted that I'll end up disliking Klopp by association.

But, give me a more competitive premier league any day! The more teams at the top of the league scrapping it out the better for me.

It will make any success we have in the future all the sweeter in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.