Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

As gutting as this performance was and how much of a task to turn this around will be, imagine how our players feel now going home tonight?

For once can the flappers be a positive influence and lift the players up going into the second leg, instead of thinking about how they feel themselves all the time. Let's just get behind them and push them onto a redeeming performance whether we go through or not, give them a footballing lesson at ours to remind them who's the top dog.

You have to admire what pep is doing by sticking to his guns and sticking to his philosophy against all odds but you have to wonder if he will ever win the champions league again.
In the champions league you have to be pragmatic as fuck. You need to be able to change your tactics at a moments notice.
Yes he was very successful in Europe with barcelona playing a certain way.
Liverpool pressed us hard but it's nothing compared to the level of press real madrid inflicted on barcelona. Pep even said once that going into games against real madrid he would tell his players that if they hold onto the ball for more than half a second, they will loose it.
The difference at barcelona was that he had played like messi, xavi and iniesta who could cope with any amounts of press. He needs very intelligent players to play his way. We are not smart enough to do that. We are in good company as bayern munich also struggled with his tactics.

I love pep and think he is one of the best managers ever when it comes to his vision and philosophy.
But I can't help but wonder how we would be playing if someone like klopp or conte was our manager with the players we currently have.

Have you seen how far Liverpool and Chelsea are behind us!!!!

Does that justify a place in the squad though? I'd rather bed the likes of Foden or Diaz in that way.
Certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he went on the Summer.
Put him in against a team like Arsenal & Chelsea where you get time on the ball you'll see a different player

Thought Laporte was our best defender. Gundagon I don't really know what he does.
Gundogan lost out of position. However, what does he do ? His career is based on ball winning ability, metronomic passing and going past players. But he's not known for striking a killer through ball and scoring goals. But it only works when he plays in the middle.

Utterly disappointing. I actually allowed myself to believe we'd get a decent result there tonight but it was same old same old. I think there was an element of fear in them during the game in Jan but tonight they looked a lot more comfortable and seemed to have us sussed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.