Liverpool V City post match discussion.

RandomJ said:
Need to stop conceding stupid goals.

Wait a minute mate.
One was a thumping header, the other a brilliant free kick (though it should never have been a free kick in the first place). You could blame Joe for getting the wall 6" wrong and Lescott may have helped mark Skirtel but if we scored thee goals they would just be brilliant attacking play!

stan bowles said:
EaglesFan said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Dzeko is consistent of hitting row z.

Fucking clueless that.

Introducing Dzeko changed the game quite a bit for us. He forced that Skrtel error ultimately helping us get a point.

As far as two missed shots, guess what - so did Balo, and how about Tevez "volley" at the end...that doesnt mean SHIT.

Good work from Dzeko IMO.

Dzeko good link up play, good closing down on Skertel for the equalizer but poor finishing. Made a difference for sure.
Why are people jumping against me is what i don't understand. I just indicated his finishing hasn't been the best but nothing about his general game. Infact, he made alot better contribution than balotelli did.

Sick Swan said:
RyanP3609 said:
We'll always score goals but we've had a strong defence so kept it tight at the back.

I personally think Kolo should be nowhere near the first squad, every time he got the ball he looked shaky, and seemed to put unnecessary pressure on the whole team for no reason. Plus many of the times didn't look around before just lumping the ball up. Several times he had an opportunity to take the ball down and play it out but instead just lumped it up and invited them to attack again.

This is what i thought would happen as soon as i saw Kolo was playing...

I can't help but think Bobby isn't playing his best team on purpose, to convince the board we need more signings..?

but it was an ok point in the end

Yeah I've thought that could be the case too, considering Kolo was apparently on his way to Turkey it's strange for him to get in ahead of Lescott.

Let's hope it's worked as if he's playing 3 at the back he needs them to all be comfortable on the ball, and Kolo definitely isn't.

On a Liverpool note, that 17 year old Stirling looks a far better player than Downing ever did, bet the Yank owners are ruing letting Dogleash piss 18mil on him!

FantasyIreland said:
JBG said:
Completely wrong starting line-up IMO. Should have started with Lescott, Dzeko, and Clichy (though it's understandable why he didn't play). Silva played well for the 20 or so minutes he was on.

Tevez worked as hard as ever. Nasri should have stayed on because even though he was anonymous taking him off sapped us of all creativity. Dzeko seems in good form (though he should work on his finishing). Balotelli should have never gotten the start. Yaya is still our savior as usual.

EDIT: and never a foul by Rodwell.

Got to agree.
We can't be going to Anfield playing 5 or 6 of our second fiddle and expect to dominate or even do ourselves justice.

It certainly has highlighted that the squad is not strong enough and definitely lacks a spark.
Lescott, Clichy, barry, Silva, Aguero did not start. They would normally do so.

I'd have taken a point before KO, and when I saw the team I thought it didn't look good.

Armaan said:
Look at the back end of our team. Kolarov, Kolo, Milner are all average. NDJ and Zabaleta aren't much better than that and that's why we couldn't keep the ball when they were pressing us in our own half. We really need to strengthen towards the back. Going forward were fine, Dzeko is much better than Balo i can't understand how Mancini doesn't see that. We've got to improve fast. Chelsea and Utd will be a lot stronger this time around.

Zabaleta is quality and is seriously underrated by some people on here. He is the perfect pro and IMO he is a better player than Richards. He would be the first choice at right back at any club in the premiership.

Before the game when i saw Kolarov on the team sheet i got instantly much less optimistic. How can anyone defend him anymore? He is useless and should be sold. Mancini didn't pay 18m or whatever for an avarge back-up LB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.