Liverpool Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bin dippers

Why does anyone think we'll lose ? We've gone to two other top teams and blitzed them. I admit this one will be harder because Dalglish will have a full week to prepare and work on his tactics on the back of a great win but don't be surprised if we turn on the style again.

Defensively they are poor, they do have an attacking threat however they couldn't beat Swansea, Sunderland and Norwich at home. Our attacking quality I believe will be overwhelming for them and our defence can cope with Suarez. I think we will smash them or it will be a very close game going either way.

I think we'll win - soak up a bit of early excitment, hit them on the break get 1 nil up have them chasing shadows for the next 30 mins, bang another one in then conceded a late one. Final Whistle. 2-1.

think next sunday they'll start with carroll after how he played last season against us,in fact it will probably be the only games he will play out of his skin,if all the players come through unscathed in naples,we have 4 days rest for pool which is plenty of recovery time,would love nothing better than to smash them fcukers.....

Looking forward to this game. I believe that our players will be wanting a bit of revenge for last seasons result, so I take us for a narrow win.

It seems to me that Liverpool's best chance of beating us is to play like QPR but with a bit more quality. Play a fairly direct game with width, play Carroll (who had two very good games against us last year) in a 4-4-2 and attack us from the start.

However, the trouble with that approach is that it may be the best way of beating us, but if it doesnt come off we're likely to run up a cricket score. So its sh*t or bust for Dalglish as far as team selection is concerned.

The one thing that worries me is our relatively slow starts. Only 4 of our 55 goals in league and cups have been scored in the first 25 mins. And most of the teams we've played had chances during that period.

We've shown that we can come back after conceding early on. But Anfield isnt the sort of place where you want to give the home team a lead.

cibaman said:
It seems to me that Liverpool's best chance of beating us is to play like QPR but with a bit more quality. Play a fairly direct game with width, play Carroll (who had two very good games against us last year) in a 4-4-2 and attack us from the start.

However, the trouble with that approach is that it may be the best way of beating us, but if it doesnt come off we're likely to run up a cricket score. So its sh*t or bust for Dalglish as far as team selection is concerned.

The one thing that worries me is our relatively slow starts. Only 4 of our 55 goals in league and cups have been scored in the first 25 mins. And most of the teams we've played had chances during that period.

We've shown that we can come back after conceding early on. But Anfield isnt the sort of place where you want to give the home team a lead.

I know what you mean about slow starts it has concerned me, but it may just be tactics, the other team tire themselves out by the 2nd half

We need to come out and attack first 20 mins and if we can score I think we will win. Longer game goes more believe they get then we would be in trouble. The big call is Gail or Alex at LB. Against physical teams he players Alex because he's better in the air but they have pace on the wings so it's a big call that imo. I'd also play dzeko.

We will run the midfield - when you give lpool space in the centre, Adam looks a good player, but he's not got top 6 class - not quick enough. He wont have space or time against us, and will, from open play, be anonymous.

Suarez is a threat, no question. We need to avoid sitting deep - best form of defence is defo attack here. Their defence, apart from keeper, is very shaky. As always, Bobby will have learnt from last year and we will take the 3 points, barring freak events or dodgy ref issues.

have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.