Losing weight thread

Cut down the portions of food you eat. This morning I had 2 slices of brown toast for the breakfast. Then just finished my dinner which was a pork chop spuds and carrotts and peas. Then when I get hungry latter tonight I will be eating whatever fruit I have be it orange , apple or pear. Went out on the bike early this morning and will head back out on it for a bit but it is keeping it up. Cutting down on drink is hard for most but I wont touch a drop until the cheltenham festival so thats the guts of 11 weeks. You notice the weight will fall off you very quick.

Iv just started today.

I can lose about 2 stone in 2 months. Did it last year, i just need too cut the shit out and train more, i would like too put a stone back on in muscle tho

try high intensity interval training, it'll fuck you up the first few weeks because your body wont have done anything like it but you'll loose fat bigtime! I started training like this last year and lost 3 stone of fat, tabata workouts are also really effective in burning fat, short workouts but if you do them properly you'll be knackered and notice results in a few weeks, and eat decent food, but dont kill yourself with a strict diet allow yourself treats one day a week but dont go overboard!

Good call re the Tabata, good link below to anyone interested, Drew Price knows his stuff :-

<a class="postlink" href="http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-tabata-training.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/articl ... ining.aspx</a>

Stillsy said:
Iv just started today.

I can lose about 2 stone in 2 months. Did it last year, i just need too cut the shit out and train more, i would like too put a stone back on in muscle tho

You'll have a job putting on a solid stone in muscle, will take some time.

As for the OP losing weight, it's as much when you eat as what you eat. No good starving yourself all day then eating a truckload before bed. Try to change your snacks too (if thats a problem).

Cut out crisps, chocolate etc etc.

Instead try fruit, low salt nuts and mixed seeds.

you only want to be doing tabata workouts once or twice a week, you can seriously damage your body if you over do it I learnt the hard way with tabata sprints 4 times a week for a month, really fucked me up with tiredness & pains & I had to take a few weeks off training, mix it into your usual workout routine & you'll be amazed how much weight you loose & your general well being will greatly improve!

Empty blue seat said:
Stillsy said:
Iv just started today.

As for the OP losing weight, it's as much when you eat as what you eat. No good starving yourself all day then eating a truckload before bed. Try to change your snacks too (if thats a problem).

A busy family life determines our tea time mate. We usually eat about 7ish, no later than 8. As I said earlier too our tea time meals are healthy unless its a takeaway, but thats literally about once a month and always a friday or saturday.

Pigeonho said:
Empty blue seat said:

A busy family life determines our tea time mate. We usually eat about 7ish, no later than 8. As I said earlier too our tea time meals are healthy unless its a takeaway, but thats literally about once a month and always a friday or saturday.

It makes no odds at all what time you eat its all about burning more than you eat.....very very simple.......you should count and record everything you eat each day as you can't manage anything without measuring it and you will be suprised what you 'forget' what you eat!..

For those not familiar with the Tabata protocol, here it is:
1) warm up
2) 20 seconds work
3) 10 seconds rest
4) repeat 7 more times

You chose the movement and how many rounds you want to do but eight is the common number seen. You may want to start off with less: it's a full, hard workout in a few minutes. It doesn't sound incredibly difficult, after all it's short and for a third of the time you are just stood there, but let me say it is some of the toughest workouts I know.

Just copied and pasted that for anyone who wants it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.