Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

The ups and downs on the pitch are part of football and whilst frustrating, are expected so you can take it.

What is also expected is that the club you support and spend your hard earned on, treat you with respect and dignity.

So this is very hard to take.
What is? What exactly is hard to take? The fact that a journo, who may have had connections with pep in the past, has said something in an interview full of bullshit? Mother of god you are soft

We are all city fans in here so we can all have and give our opinions on Pep safe in the knowledge we are holding those opinions for the good of city.

The media, especially the British media who will run with this on a loop until Easter, are desperate, more so than they have ever been, for Pep to fail and leave in the summer. Then they can write page after page about how Pep "couldn't cope with the challenge of a 'real' league" and was "seen off by the British game".

They will not let up the whole time he is here. Not for a moment. They HAVE to get him out as they have built lucrative careers convincing us that we have the best league in the world when the truth is from a quality point of view it is more like the Dutch league or Portugal if that's not being too unkind to those leagues. For Pep to succeed at city would prove the lie once and for all that so called "continental" football is better than the hoof it and twat somebody shite that we have all been brought up on.

You have to remember, the British press, and the British football establishment are inherently racist and xenophobic in the extreme. The British game is corrupt, bent, and most of the time a shite spectacle, but they have to keep us convinced the opposite is true. Hence the attacks on Pep.

Fuck what's happened earlier, we have to get and stay behind him. If they succeed in getting him out they will turn their fire on Mansour next as they will smell blood. They've never accepted a brown skinned Muslim owning one of their oldest clubs and making it successful, and will do anything to get rid of him.

They are racist bastards. virtually all of them.

lkay Gündogan has scored three goals this season, creating 12 chances and one assist in 9 appearances. Pass accuracy of 91%.

N'Golo Kanté has scored one goal this season, creating 13 chances and no assists in 18 (twice as many appearances). Pass accurancy of 89%.

Sure, the injury was a gamble, but I struggle to see where Kantés passing or chance creating ability can be detemined to be much better than Gundogans.
Exactly, statistics show hardly any difference between the two.

The only differentiation being one was injured and had a history of injury and had never played in the tough PL while other had proven himself on a winning campaign with a very high work rate and no injuries. The choice considering that differentiation for me would have been Kante obviously taking into consideration monetary impact which do not think was not a factor.

Whether we like it or not, he's pretty much right, even if he does consider us a smaller club than the established elite, which he's not said he's got a point.

Is it necessarily an insult? On the back of recent officiating he may be seeing what we all refere to as a favouring of the established cash cows in the league.
Perhaps he's unhappy with the way he sees us and the others portrayed in the media?

Perhaps, and I'd agree here after a few dodgy results and a couple of sub par performances hears the stadium is groaning at every decission he makes and a vocal deriding his plan for our future.

He may even be referring to the constant early leavers and pretty poor atmosphere. He is constantly trying to encourage us.

It may not be a popular view, but;
We don't have the media fawning.
We don't have that vocal a crowd.
Officiating equalities.
We do more often than not see 10,000 empty seats from 85 minutes on wards.
There hasn't been the love for him he's used to.

He's clearly trying to build a bond between fans, players and himself. He's always sending players to show their support for the away fans.

I don't like it, but I don't care. The outside World don't see us like the established in England let alone Europe.
I imagine he means we're a level below the elite, I don't see an issue with that. Villareal? No.
Would we have an issue with comparisons to Seville, Valencia, Athletic, Leverkusen? I wouldn't.

I got my first season ticket in 1988, I don't consider us one of Europe's biggest clubs. I don't see why Pep would considering his managerial and playing career. The poor man's professional interaction with us was meeting Beanie & PSYCO for fucks sake.

When manager comes at the club and he doesn't know anything about it he should first learn and then talk.
After 6 months if he thinks that city is "Villiareal" of PL than he should go, this club and owners first of all doesn't deserve such kind of manager.
City is the most successful team in this decade, winning PL twice, finishing second twice, winning other trophies and going to semi finals in CL.
In terms of financial stability club has become real power, is sixth club with revenue and with value according to FORBS.

How fuck someone can even think that this club is Villiareal of PL, such a shame from manager. How he can achieve things if he thinks like that, what kind of attitude is that.

SHAME ON YOU PEP!!!!!!!!!

PS BRING MANCINI AND GARRY COOK BACK, who actually believed that city was the best in the premier league and played best football.

Whether we like it or not, he's pretty much right, even if he does consider us a smaller club than the established elite, which he's not said he's got a point.

Is it necessarily an insult? On the back of recent officiating he may be seeing what we all refere to as a favouring of the established cash cows in the league.
Perhaps he's unhappy with the way he sees us and the others portrayed in the media?

Perhaps, and I'd agree here after a few dodgy results and a couple of sub par performances hears the stadium is groaning at every decission he makes and a vocal deriding his plan for our future.

He may even be referring to the constant early leavers and pretty poor atmosphere. He is constantly trying to encourage us.

It may not be a popular view, but;
We don't have the media fawning.
We don't have that vocal a crowd.
Officiating equalities.
We do more often than not see 10,000 empty seats from 85 minutes on wards.
There hasn't been the love for him he's used to.

He's clearly trying to build a bond between fans, players and himself. He's always sending players to show their support for the away fans.

I don't like it, but I don't care. The outside World don't see us like the established in England let alone Europe.
I imagine he means we're a level below the elite, I don't see an issue with that. Villareal? No.
Would we have an issue with comparisons to Seville, Valencia, Athletic, Leverkusen? I wouldn't.

I got my first season ticket in 1988, I don't consider us one of Europe's biggest clubs. I don't see why Pep would considering his managerial and playing career. The poor man's professional interaction with us was meeting Beanie & PSYCO for fucks sake.

Entirely agree. We've had some of the best players in the world over the past 5 or 6 seasons, yet every time we go to Anfield, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane or even Goodison, our record is ridiculously poor and we go in fear. That situation may have eased slightly in recent years at Goodison and possibly WHL and the Bridge, but if we were honest then most of us would fear us in a league trip to Anfield or the Emirates 9 times out of 10.

Until that attitude and mentality changes, we can't be counted amongst the elite.

IF Guardiola has said those words, and even that's a big IF, he's not far wrong taking into account translation issues etc.

Nothing to see, certainly nothing to get in a 'rage' about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.