Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Grealish is better in Gindogans position, Foden is better in Marhez`s position, add Bernado and KDB and that is our attacking Mid, Rodri is our DM, so Paqueta is cover no problem with that good quality that adds something a little different, so what did we buy Kovacic for?
Plenty of options and you can’t have enough good players ie Kova. City smashed the fuck out of football last season and tbf for the last 6/7 seasons. Kev is already out this season and I think we can expect a few more bumps in the road. Jack and Foden both untried in Kev’s role for any real period of time to make an informed decision.

Agreed. It's a weird one. It beggars belief that so few elite clubs have come in for him or Bernie & been willing to cough up a fair fee.

Players who're nowhere near their levels are going for £70m-£90m, & Bernie barely attracted interest approaching £60m... The mind boggles.
There has been quite a few such instances, it makes you wonder if the other higher clubs have a secret agreement not to pay money to our club except at well below the market rate?

Grealish is better in Gindogans position, Foden is better in Marhez`s position, add Bernado and KDB and that is our attacking Mid, Rodri is our DM, so Paqueta is cover no problem with that good quality that adds something a little different, so what did we buy Kovacic for?
but we were after Paqueta before the injury to KDB so this says the club thought we needed more surely? NOt saying we will get more but the KDB injury means we are now a creative player down (and one of the best in the world) for around 4 months.

Also is Grealish better in Gundo's position that Gundo - Ive seen NOTHING to say that he is at all

wouldnt surprise me if we go for a player that was being lined up for next summer as well as paqueta and doku
Certainly Pep's comments would support that theory. Have a hunch that City have always had Wirtz in mind as the man to eventually replace Kev (sorry Phil) and maybe his injury might see them test the waters now? Unlikely to happen though.

Kovacic is a long-term target of Pep's. He missed out on him when he signed for Inter, Real & Chelsea, but now he's finally got his man.

TBH, I've always been meh about Kovacic. I've never seen anything outstanding enough for me to think we need him, but who am I to argue with Guardiola?

At best he's cover for Rodri, but that then shines a light on Philips. Kova at £30m in today's market is a snip I suppose, but whether he sufficiently improves us is another matter.

Agreed with Grealish. We need pace & jeopardy on the wings, which he doesn't offer because he's a wide midfielder, not a winger per se.

Grealish needs to be played inside. The couple of times I saw him gravitate to the middle last season, he looked really dangerous going forward & solid defending.

He's not played well since he started partying at the end of last season. Hopefully his slow start to pre-season & this season is temporary, but if we sign Doku & Paqueta, it puts Jack & Kalvin's places under severe pressure imo...

Paqueta isn’t cover think he’s Gundogans replacement, KDB and Foden for the 10, leaves Kovacic as rotation for Paqueta and maybe Rodri too.
Without KDB. probably more time central for Bernardo too.

Kovacic is a long-term target of Pep's. He missed out on him when he signed for Inter, Real & Chelsea, but now he's finally got his man.

TBH, I've always been meh about Kovacic. I've never seen anything outstanding enough for me to think we need him, but who am I to argue with Guardiola?

At best he's cover for Rodri, but that then shines a light on Philips. Kova at £30m in today's market is a snip I suppose, but whether he sufficiently improves us is another matter.

Agreed with Grealish. We need pace & jeopardy on the wings, which he doesn't offer because he's a wide midfielder, not a winger per se.

Grealish needs to be played inside. The couple of times I saw him gravitate to the middle last season, he looked really dangerous going forward & solid defending.

He's not played well since he started partying at the end of last season. Hopefully his slow start to pre-season & this season is temporary, but if we sign Doku & Paqueta, it puts Jack & Kalvin's places under severe pressure imo...
I mean, obviously Jack and Kalvin are on the same level...

This place sometimes. JFC

Kavlin’s place has been under pressure for a while now. Buy those two players and he might aswell do this:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.