Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Can’t see Laporte fancying that.

He’s miles to good for that level.
He needs to play regularly in advance of next Summer's Euros...one can only be so picky in this circumstance.

Makes me wonder what Phillips is thinking. Forget whether he wants to stay and fight for time or whether we're OK with him sitting there. He should be asking to go...

Kovacic is a long-term target of Pep's. He missed out on him when he signed for Inter, Real & Chelsea, but now he's finally got his man.

TBH, I've always been meh about Kovacic. I've never seen anything outstanding enough for me to think we need him, but who am I to argue with Guardiola?

At best he's cover for Rodri, but that then shines a light on Philips. Kova at £30m in today's market is a snip I suppose, but whether he sufficiently improves us is another matter.

Agreed with Grealish. We need pace & jeopardy on the wings, which he doesn't offer because he's a wide midfielder, not a winger per se.

Grealish needs to be played inside. The couple of times I saw him gravitate to the middle last season, he looked really dangerous going forward & solid defending.

He's not played well since he started partying at the end of last season. Hopefully his slow start to pre-season & this season is temporary, but if we sign Doku & Paqueta, it puts Jack & Kalvin's places under severe pressure imo...
Watched Paqueta vs Bayer Leverkusen, Moyes tried to play him in a CDM position, without Rice he was awful, three fouls in his first four touches got him a yellow, looked like he had been parting with Grealish :), West Ham 3 down at half time, he did do something special though 7 consecutive passes forward quite hard to do would have been great but the 8th went out for goal kick. He is not any better at DM than Phillips, now if we could px him and go out and buy a player that can actually challenge Rodri.

Kovacic is a long-term target of Pep's. He missed out on him when he signed for Inter, Real & Chelsea, but now he's finally got his man.

TBH, I've always been meh about Kovacic. I've never seen anything outstanding enough for me to think we need him, but who am I to argue with Guardiola?

At best he's cover for Rodri, but that then shines a light on Philips. Kova at £30m in today's market is a snip I suppose, but whether he sufficiently improves us is another matter.

Agreed with Grealish. We need pace & jeopardy on the wings, which he doesn't offer because he's a wide midfielder, not a winger per se.

Grealish needs to be played inside. The couple of times I saw him gravitate to the middle last season, he looked really dangerous going forward & solid defending.

He's not played well since he started partying at the end of last season. Hopefully his slow start to pre-season & this season is temporary, but if we sign Doku & Paqueta, it puts Jack & Kalvin's places under severe pressure imo...

“He's not played well since he started partying at the end of last season.”

Total number of competitive games we’ve played since the end of last season: 1.

Totally agree, hope that slow start is just a blip.

He needs to play regularly in advance of next Summer's Euros...one can only be so picky in this circumstance.

Makes me wonder what Phillips is thinking. Forget whether he wants to stay and fight for time or whether we're OK with him sitting there. He should be asking to go...
Already snubbed Spurs and has interest from Arsenal but City won't sell to them and you think he should be moving to West Ham. Yeah brilliant idea that.

I don’t believe I’m reading this. He’s played one game. He’s NOT “started” partying - he celebrated winning the treble in the close season. He doesn’t drink or party during the season & he looks fit so what are you on about ffs

Which comments were these? I must have missed them.
“I don’t remember exactly the number of games I played, but I had a talk with the club and the coach because it’s not healthy,’ Rodri said.

‘You can do it for one season, but when it’s two or three in a row, it can be worse for the team because your physicality can drop. So I have to watch out. We have already spoken that, it cannot always be like this.’

Rodri – who was called upon more than planned as Kalvin Phillips struggled to acclimatise with the club after a £42million move from Leeds United – believes his career could be cut short if the intensity is not managed.

‘The important thing for me is that they know the situation and they know that for the next few seasons we will have to watch out,’ he added.

‘Now I am young, but maybe when I get to 30 or 31 I cannot do this kind of thing, so I have to watch the body because 60 games is not the best thing for a player. Also, the seasons get even longer every year. We have to adapt to this.’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.